Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton at Holmes predictions

Featured Replies

I think Holmes's offense is very overrated. They beat two bad teams in South Laurel and Pendleton County and were able to run up their stats.

They did OK against Holy Cross.

But against Conner and Ryle they were shut down. I think I read on here they only got 5 first downs the entire game versus Ryle and didn't produce many more than that against Conner.

They had more speed than Conner and still struggled, and Conner this year is not real good. Ryle seemingly just abused them.

Holmes cannot or will not pass the ball. There is no balance to their offense it seems. SK on the other hand is very balanced, plus they have a bruising running game.

Barring a lot of turnovers from the SK side, I think they win this one rather handily.

 

agreed

:thumb:

  • Replies 89
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Holy Cross dominate Holmes up the middle and after seeing the SK running game, I would say this alone will win the game for SK.

Much agreed:thumb:

Does anyone know if this game will be on cable?

I agree, but honestly how often does Holmes play together and keep their heads on straight?

 

Oh I didn't say that would happen, that is a rare occurance if it ever happens at all. I was just pointing out that they have the athletes to compete with anyone... SK will win without a doubt.:banana:

If Holmes can use their speed sk should watch out, Holmes speed is determined by field condition.

Hill and Palmer both had good games in '05 but the loss of Hill has to have negative effect on the HHS passing game.

 

 

No, that is not the reason. Holmes has a new Offensive coordinator. All he wants to do is run. Thinks he is at Colerain or something.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, that is not the reason. Holmes has a new Offensive coordinator. All he wants to do is run. Thinks he is at Colerain or something.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

 

 

I'm pretty sure the loss of those two gave him no option but to run. They were vere explosive atheletes.

I'm pretty sure the loss of those two gave him no option but to run. They were vere explosive atheletes.

 

Palmer is still with the team. He is the one who returned the kick off against Ryle.

But as far as the new o-coordinater goes, I have to agree with Bulldogs51. Holmes line isn't big enough to run ALL the time. Sure they're good enough but when teams are stacking 8 in the box, you have to pass sometime or another.

Palmer is still with the team. He is the one who returned the kick off against Ryle.

But as far as the new o-coordinater goes, I have to agree with Bulldogs51. Holmes line isn't big enough to run ALL the time. Sure they're good enough but when teams are stacking 8 in the box, you have to pass sometime or another.

 

Holmes losing their best receiving option is going to lead a new coordinator to run more... If they are good enough to run the ball then why are you having this conversation???:confused:

Palmer is still with the team. He is the one who returned the kick off against Ryle.

But as far as the new o-coordinater goes, I have to agree with Bulldogs51. Holmes line isn't big enough to run ALL the time. Sure they're good enough but when teams are stacking 8 in the box, you have to pass sometime or another.

 

 

I misread one of the above posts then, Palmer is quite an athelete. I can't really have an opinion on the o-coordinator until i see him get shut down by SK :banana: :banana: just kiddin, but not really....;)

Holmes losing their best receiving option is going to lead a new coordinator to run more... If they are good enough to run the ball then why are you having this conversation???:confused:

 

I was simply stating that last year Coach trosper was the O-coordinator. They passed much more. The loss of Hill has nothing to do w/ it. The new o-coordinater is originally from Colerain so he is trying to make Holmes offense more like theirs (option/running style) which he has no business doing because while Holmes has the athletes to run, they don't have a big enough like.

I just think he made a bad decision in going man coverage with no over the top help.... SK returns everyone on offense including one of the best power running games along with an upgrade at slot and wideout, but their defense is almost an entirely new cast... I don't think that any aspect of their defense is better this year than it was last year, if Dixie makes a few catches and a few balls are thrown a little more accurate they could have scored 40 in regulation

 

 

If if's and butts were nut's and cany we'd all have a merry christmas!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.