Simon Kenton at Holmes predictions

Thanks neerfan... The SK team this year is the exact opposite of the team from last year: this years team is led by their offense and have to worry about their defense, last years team was led by the defense and had to worry about the offense

Haven't seen an SK game yet but thanks to my new schedule should be able to see a few of the last ones. Now SK has a bucn of athlete's on O, sounds like if things don't go so well the next couple weeks we could see some of them on D as well. Let's hope they're well conditioned...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen an SK game yet but thanks to my new schedule should be able to see a few of the last ones. Now SK has a bucn of athlete's on O, sounds like if things don't go so well the next couple weeks we could see some of them on D as well. Let's hope they're well conditioned...

Barring injury the lineups will not change the rest of the year. Tommy Gibson is the only offensive skill player that goes both ways, and the rest are better off on the offensive side of the ball.

One thing's for sure. I wouldn't kick the ball to Holmes. Ryle found out why the hard way as has many many other teams this year. (SL, HC, PC, Ryle). Conner is the only team who hasn't allowed the Dawgs to return a kickoff or punt.

Yet they couldn't beat HC,... the only other team aside from Ryle mentioned with a winning record, and SK beat them, by plenty...

I think Holmes's offense is very overrated. They beat two bad teams in South Laurel and Pendleton County and were able to run up their stats.

They did OK against Holy Cross.

But against Conner and Ryle they were shut down. I think I read on here they only got 5 first downs the entire game versus Ryle and didn't produce many more than that against Conner.

They had more speed than Conner and still struggled, and Conner this year is not real good. Ryle seemingly just abused them.

Holmes cannot or will not pass the ball. There is no balance to their offense it seems. SK on the other hand is very balanced, plus they have a bruising running game.

Barring a lot of turnovers from the SK side, I think they win this one rather handily.

If the fields not sloppy this could sum up the game, Holmes has some great athletes, as does SK, but i feel SK has a bit more depth...

Barring injury the lineups will not change the rest of the year. Tommy Gibson is the only offensive skill player that goes both ways, and the rest are better off on the offensive side of the ball.

Things change throughout the year, that's all I'm saying, still plenty of games (and practices) to go through,.... If a coach see's a possibility it'd be dumb not to atleast try it out...

If if's and butts were nut's and cany we'd all have a merry christmas!!!

I was just commenting on the state of SK's secondary, because someone said they were very good and not a big suspect... Love the Colerain comment... Also, knowing the SK system, barring injury there won't be a change, the coaching staff does not like having skill players go both ways... That said, Haught might see time on D this week because of an injury, I believe the other kids name is Breeden, he was out early in the week but I believe he practiced towards the end, don't know if he'll be in the lineup.

I was just commenting on the state of SK's secondary, because someone said they were very good and not a big suspect... Love the Colerain comment... Also, knowing the SK system, barring injury there won't be a change, the coaching staff does not like having skill players go both ways... That said, Haught might see time on D this week because of an injury, I believe the other kids name is Breeden, he was out early in the week but I believe he practiced towards the end, don't know if he'll be in the lineup.

At Dixie they put Justin Kohrs in after Breeden got injured. With the depth SK has i don't think that the injury will take too much of a toll on SK. If Kohrs doesn't go in Haught or a sophmore Jordan Wilson will be ready to jump in and play. Haught is a very gifted athelete and could play many positions on the field, and Jordan will be a stud in the coming years. Both are a step up from Breeden IMO.

I just know that i heard Haught was practicing in that position and was, from a good source, "tearing it up". That's what I don't understand about high school football anymore. If they are a step up they should be on the field, I don't care if this means going both ways, you need your best players on the field. The high school game on ESPN 2 last night had players going both ways, including the highest rated running back in the country playing on both sides of the ball

if Dixie makes a few catches and a few balls are thrown a little more accurate they could have scored 40 in regulation

If every team in high school college and the nfl could throw a little more passes accuratly and catch more important passes every team could score 40 points. Simon Kenton has more speed now than they have had in a few years, with the talent to go with it.