Nike, Under Armour & Adidas passing on Lonzo Ball

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's still going to be drafted in the top 5 and he'll still get endorsement money. I still expect him to sign with Nike or Adidas at some point also. This is all about Lavar's insistence to make money on his BBB brand.

I agree. Lonzo will overcome his father's lousy business plan.

:lol2: :lol2:

I hope the Lakers do the same.

However, IMO this is still negotiations. He'll get his money. Not his BBB company though. Not yet anyways.

I'm really curious how this will turn out. I think Lavar has dug such a deep hole that I don't think he will allow Lonzo to sign any shoe deal unless it was to support

the BBB brand.

I think Lavar is so stubborn he won't admit he is wrong in this and I think Lonzo can't stand up to dad and do his own thing.

I'm really curious how this will turn out. I think Lavar has dug such a deep hole that I don't think he will allow Lonzo to sign any shoe deal unless it was to support

the BBB brand.

I think Lavar is so stubborn he won't admit he is wrong in this and I think Lonzo can't stand up to dad and do his own thing.

Too early to tell. I can see Lavar being stupid and stubborn and I can see him giving in and playing ball so they can cash those checks. If he has some patience and if Lonzo can prove his worth then Nike, Adidas, etc will license his BBB brand like he wants.

He can still make some good money. Shaq had his own brand and I recently read sold over a 120 million shoes at Walmart.

NBA coaches pay absolutely no attention to Lavar whatsover. Lonzo will be drafted, and whoever is paying him 7 or 8 figures is going to quickly squash little Lavar out of the picture.

Agreed. That was a pipe dream from day one. Aim high when negotiating though.

As I've stated before I really like Lonzo, seems like a cool kid. Lavar needs to back off for awhile, at this point he's not helping his son.

As I've stated before I really like Lonzo, seems like a cool kid. Lavar needs to back off for awhile, at this point he's not helping his son.

What is the age of majority in California? It is 18 in Kentucky. Why doesn't Lonzo just disassociate himself from Pops?

What is the age of majority in California? It is 18 in Kentucky. Why doesn't Lonzo just disassociate himself from Pops?

Does Pops seem stable enough to allow that? I'd be willing to bet behind the scenes they may be scared to death of him. I've known a couple of guys that were over the top like he is and both were dangerous for those around them and their families.