Bengals Draft

No doubt it is a bargain based on the football side of things.

Does the past motivate Mixon to be better?

Or is he just another Adam Jones - no character and unable to fix himself?

Here is a question for everyone - is someone who commits an act like Mixon did never forgiven? He was 18 when it happened. He sat out an entire season. He paid his dues in criminal court and settled the civil case. He lost money in this draft by getting drafted lower than he would have been without this mark against him. How much and how long should Mixon pay for what he did?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt it is a bargain based on the football side of things.

Does the past motivate Mixon to be better?

Or is he just another Adam Jones - no character and unable to fix himself?

Here is a question for everyone - is someone who commits an act like Mixon did never forgiven? He was 18 when it happened. He sat out an entire season. He paid his dues in criminal court and settled the civil case. He lost money in this draft by getting drafted lower than he would have been without this mark against him. How much and how long should Mixon pay for what he did?

Understand what you're saying, and can see him getting another chance somewhere. That said, I just made the decision to NOT allow any of my money to be used to pay Mr. Mixon and returned my season tickets to Mr. Brown!!

Well we all know about what he did. Never will respect him for that. With that said on the football side, this is a great pick. Skill position wise on offense, the Bengals have a lot of talent. However it will all come down to the play of the young tackles.

Understand what you're saying, and can see him getting another chance somewhere. That said, I just made the decision to NOT allow any of my money to be used to pay Mr. Mixon and returned my season tickets to Mr. Brown!!

Kinda surprised it took ya this long to decide that.... I hope this kid doesn't turn out to be Odell Thurman Jr.

... and convicted and punished in criminal courts; paid a settlement to the lady in a civil case; lost money in the draft. Is that enough? How much is enough? Is nothing enough? Should he never play pro football?

Curious how you'd feel if that was your daughter?

... and convicted and punished in criminal courts; paid a settlement to the lady in a civil case; lost money in the draft. Is that enough? How much is enough? Is nothing enough? Should he never play pro football?

In reality, for some fans... nothing he ever does will be enough... on or off the field..

For most fans, all will be forgiven if he helps this team win playoff games.... and if he's a big part of a Super Bowl win or two, he might get a statue just like Ray Lewis did for Baltimore.

I would not say he should be punished for life. I think he has been punished both criminally and civilly. I would urge him to become an example for others who make stupid mistakes as an 18 year old. I would be very disappointed if he ever made another stupid mistake like that again. But I would find a way to forgive him.

Curious how you would feel if he were your son?

Probably would have felt the criminal punishment was not enough. But there is no way we can replicate that unless, God forbid, it does. I don't think anyone has or is condoning what he did, even him.

I do understand why people are upset. It is inexcusable, forgiveness is not our call.

Obviously everyone views it differently, but to me he should be in prison not about to become a millionaire.

To me hitting a woman isn't something you deserve a second chance from.

I would not say he should be punished for life. I think he has been punished both criminally and civilly. I would urge him to become an example for others who make stupid mistakes as an 18 year old. I would be very disappointed if he ever made another stupid mistake like that again. But I would find a way to forgive him.

Curious how you would feel if he were your son?

Quite embarrassed, and probably in jail for kicking his butt, or at least trying, after viewing the tape? As usual, as a fan I only have one vote, and that's my pocketbook; which I chose to close for Mr. Brown and his team of thugs.