Bengals Draft

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter who drafts him today, what does Joe Mixon have to do in his first year before the team starts selling jerseys with his name on them?

Absolutely nothing more than be on the 53-man roster. They'll make their money off him and he'll make his money off them. Just the way the league is. That being said, I hope it's not a Bengals jersey being sold with his name on it.

Absolutely nothing more than be on the 53-man roster. They'll make their money off him and he'll make his money off them. Just the way the league is. That being said, I hope it's not a Bengals jersey being sold with his name on it.
Nobody is going to buy his jersey until he does something on the field.

Nobody is going to buy his jersey until he does something on the field.

Obviously to sell any significant number of jerseys yes that is true. The point is his jersey will be available for purchase immediately upon his signing and a certain number of people will purchase it.

Obviously to sell any significant number of jerseys yes that is true. The point is his jersey will be available for purchase immediately upon his signing and a certain number of people will purchase it.
I don't think so with Mixon.

I like the pick if healthy. I am not sure they are as sold on Core as you think they are. They obviously haven't given up on him, but I think they are still evaluating hm.

I think they do like Core. However it was a chance to add a whole new dimension to the offense with Ross.

Which I agree if he can stay healthy, it will he a good addition. Now get Mixon in the second round and skill position wise, we are talented at the skill position like a few years ago again. Then can spend the rest of getting that DE to rush the passer and depth on the OL and other areas.

I feel better about the pick this morning but still think they should have taken Allen or Foster. Just feel like they could have gotten better value at the #9 spot. Some people had Ross falling out of the first round.

I hope Ross develops in to an Antonio Brown like receiver. He will help AJ but will also benefit from AJ. If he's going against the #3 DB, he should be open a lot.

He should be seeing the #2 corner. He eventually will take Lafell spot on the outside. Boyd has the slot. I honestly think Boyd has a breakout year with the addition of Ross. It should open up a lot of things for Boyd in the middle along with Eifert.

He should be seeing the #2 corner. He eventually will take Lafell spot on the outside. Boyd has the slot. I honestly think Boyd has a breakout year with the addition of Ross. It should open up a lot of things for Boyd in the middle along with Eifert.

The chances of Eifert being on the field are slim.

If Ross can stay healthy I think he will be huge for us. I like Ross and I think he's gonna be great, but I just don't understand drafting a receiver that early when out Line needs work. Hopefully we pick Cam Robinson out of Bama if he's there Rd. 2 or if we go for Mixon if he's there I'll be okay with it.

If Ross can stay healthy I think he will be huge for us. I like Ross and I think he's gonna be great, but I just don't understand drafting a receiver that early when out Line needs work. Hopefully we pick Cam Robinson out of Bama if he's there Rd. 2 or if we go for Mixon if he's there I'll be okay with it.

We tried to trade back but nobody wanted to. Using the ninth pick on a lineman would have been a HUGE reach and an absolute waste. If Cook and Mixon are off the board before we pick this round, then we go O line. Until then, no way. This is arguably the worst O line class in the history of the NFL.

We tried to trade back but nobody wanted to. Using the ninth pick on a lineman would have been a HUGE reach and an absolute waste. If Cook and Mixon are off the board before we pick this round, then we go O line. Until then, no way. This is arguably the worst O line class in the history of the NFL.

Dave Lapham says that Cedric Ogbuehi would be the number one offensive lineman in this year's draft if he had waited and come out this year.