Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Draft

Featured Replies

No matter who drafts him today, what does Joe Mixon have to do in his first year before the team starts selling jerseys with his name on them?

  • Replies 193
  • Views 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No matter who drafts him today, what does Joe Mixon have to do in his first year before the team starts selling jerseys with his name on them?

 

Absolutely nothing more than be on the 53-man roster. They'll make their money off him and he'll make his money off them. Just the way the league is. That being said, I hope it's not a Bengals jersey being sold with his name on it.

The team needs some defensive help, but I would be ok with drafting Cook or Mixon. I want to believe Mixon learned his lesson. While what he did is unacceptable, you can't punish him forever.

Absolutely nothing more than be on the 53-man roster. They'll make their money off him and he'll make his money off them. Just the way the league is. That being said, I hope it's not a Bengals jersey being sold with his name on it.
Nobody is going to buy his jersey until he does something on the field.
Nobody is going to buy his jersey until he does something on the field.

 

Obviously to sell any significant number of jerseys yes that is true. The point is his jersey will be available for purchase immediately upon his signing and a certain number of people will purchase it.

Obviously to sell any significant number of jerseys yes that is true. The point is his jersey will be available for purchase immediately upon his signing and a certain number of people will purchase it.
I don't think so with Mixon.
I don't think so with Mixon.

 

I absolutely hope you're right.

I like the pick if healthy. I am not sure they are as sold on Core as you think they are. They obviously haven't given up on him, but I think they are still evaluating hm.

 

I think they do like Core. However it was a chance to add a whole new dimension to the offense with Ross.

 

Which I agree if he can stay healthy, it will he a good addition. Now get Mixon in the second round and skill position wise, we are talented at the skill position like a few years ago again. Then can spend the rest of getting that DE to rush the passer and depth on the OL and other areas.

I feel better about the pick this morning but still think they should have taken Allen or Foster. Just feel like they could have gotten better value at the #9 spot. Some people had Ross falling out of the first round.

 

I hope Ross develops in to an Antonio Brown like receiver. He will help AJ but will also benefit from AJ. If he's going against the #3 DB, he should be open a lot.

 

He should be seeing the #2 corner. He eventually will take Lafell spot on the outside. Boyd has the slot. I honestly think Boyd has a breakout year with the addition of Ross. It should open up a lot of things for Boyd in the middle along with Eifert.

He should be seeing the #2 corner. He eventually will take Lafell spot on the outside. Boyd has the slot. I honestly think Boyd has a breakout year with the addition of Ross. It should open up a lot of things for Boyd in the middle along with Eifert.

 

The chances of Eifert being on the field are slim.

The chances of Eifert being on the field are slim.

 

With his injury history, I can't disagree.

If Ross can stay healthy I think he will be huge for us. I like Ross and I think he's gonna be great, but I just don't understand drafting a receiver that early when out Line needs work. Hopefully we pick Cam Robinson out of Bama if he's there Rd. 2 or if we go for Mixon if he's there I'll be okay with it.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

 

#Browns & #Bengals touched base regarding a potential trade for QB AJ McCarron. Doesn’t sound like they’ve gotten too far. Price is high.

If Ross can stay healthy I think he will be huge for us. I like Ross and I think he's gonna be great, but I just don't understand drafting a receiver that early when out Line needs work. Hopefully we pick Cam Robinson out of Bama if he's there Rd. 2 or if we go for Mixon if he's there I'll be okay with it.

We tried to trade back but nobody wanted to. Using the ninth pick on a lineman would have been a HUGE reach and an absolute waste. If Cook and Mixon are off the board before we pick this round, then we go O line. Until then, no way. This is arguably the worst O line class in the history of the NFL.

We tried to trade back but nobody wanted to. Using the ninth pick on a lineman would have been a HUGE reach and an absolute waste. If Cook and Mixon are off the board before we pick this round, then we go O line. Until then, no way. This is arguably the worst O line class in the history of the NFL.

 

Dave Lapham says that Cedric Ogbuehi would be the number one offensive lineman in this year's draft if he had waited and come out this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.