April 26, 20179 yr Just saw this story on ESPN.com all I can say about this is that it is sad that over 100 players is going to be left out hopefully a lot of these will wake up before May 24. Joel Berry II has backed out of the draft today and is coming back for his senior year. Here is the link to the story: Record 182 players entering NBA draft early Edited April 26, 20179 yr by 16thBBall Fan
April 26, 20179 yr 182 players...60 spots. I don't think some of these kids are able to consider the math of the situation.
April 26, 20179 yr If you're a NBA prospect it'd be foolish not to go through the process. Most players will come back to school.
April 26, 20179 yr I would not expect most to come back to college. I believe the final number of early entree players last year ended up over 100. No doubt the majority of these players know they will not get drafted. They don't want to be in college any more and/or prefer to try to find someplace, any place, to get paid.
April 26, 20179 yr I would not expect most to come back to college. I believe the final number of early entree players last year ended up over 100. No doubt the majority of these players know they will not get drafted. They don't want to be in college any more and/or prefer to try to find someplace, any place, to get paid. Yep, you're spot on. I find it funny that so many people on here are critical of them for it. No one on here would've turned down the money these guys are going to be making playing professionally at 18-20 years old. Not a one.
April 26, 20179 yr 182 players...60 spots. I don't think some of these kids are able to consider the math of the situation. Oh they know. They're considering the math of their soon to be healthy bank accounts....
April 26, 20179 yr Didn't read the article. Does it say how many have and have not signed with an agent?
April 26, 20179 yr Joel Berry II has backed out of the draft today and is coming back for his senior year. MJ's way too early pick for Naismith Player of the Year.
April 26, 20179 yr 182 players...60 spots. I don't think some of these kids are able to consider the math of the situation. Let's not forget the kids who played 4 years of college and the folks from overseas. Lot of kids looking for a handful of spots.
April 26, 20179 yr Oh they know. They're considering the math of their soon to be healthy bank accounts.... Some of them are going to be sorely mistaken.
April 26, 20179 yr Some of them are going to be sorely mistaken. Almost all of them (over 95%) are going to be playing professionally and making good money. Money that no one on here would've turned down in their situation.
April 26, 20179 yr Almost all of them (over 95%) are going to be playing professionally and making good money. Money that no one on here would've turned down in their situation. I think you're way overstating the reality of things to support your argument that they should all leave. Just my opinion of course.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.