Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Record 182 players enter NBA draft early

Featured Replies

I just dont like it , its hurting the college game by encouraging kids to declare , then come back . makes recruiting more difficult , you never know how your roster is going to look . I'm for a 2 yr min. Will make both the NBA and NCAA games better .

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just dont like it , its hurting the college game by encouraging kids to declare , then come back . makes recruiting more difficult , you never know how your roster is going to look . I'm for a 2 yr min. Will make both the NBA and NCAA games better .

 

You don't think kids should be allowed to have as much information as possible from future employers on what areas they need to improve on to get a job?

I just dont like it , its hurting the college game by encouraging kids to declare , then come back . makes recruiting more difficult , you never know how your roster is going to look . I'm for a 2 yr min. Will make both the NBA and NCAA games better .

 

Allowing the kid's to declare and potentially come back is what is best for the kids. Don't understand how anyone could be against that.

 

I don't have any sympathy for someone like Coach Cal or Coach K and the amount of money they make, not knowing exactly what their next seasons roster will be in April/May.

Allowing the kid's to declare and potentially come back is what is best for the kids. Don't understand how anyone could be against that.

 

Easy. They are selfish hypocrites.

I want changes strictly for personal reasons , my own viewing pleasure , and to stop very very marginal players from wanting to go pro ( Hump fom Ky ) .. it does hurt the game.

I want changes strictly for personal reasons , my own viewing pleasure , and to stop very very marginal players from wanting to go pro ( Hump fom Ky ) .. it does hurt the game.

 

There are pro leagues outside of the USA. Humphries will make himself a very nice living back home in Australia.

 

The nerve of the kid for wanting to make money while being home with family!

Folks I dont blame the kid for taking advantage of the system , I love capitalism ! but I also appreciate good basketball and what I'm seeing in NCAA play right now .. man its awful. Just awful. can we be real here . Hump sucks . I love his smile , his hustle , but he's terrible . Good luck to Australian GM that drafts him . And IH is only one of dozens that could hang around another year or two , develop , and then go make his $$$ .

Folks I dont blame the kid for taking advantage of the system , I love capitalism ! but I also appreciate good basketball and what I'm seeing in NCAA play right now .. man its awful. Just awful. can we be real here . Hump sucks . I love his smile , his hustle , but he's terrible . Good luck to Australian GM that drafts him . And IH is only one of dozens that could hang around another year or two , develop , and then go make his $$$ .

 

If he sucks so bad, why are you all bent out of shape that he's leaving? I mean you want the college product to be good, right? So why would you want a player that sucks a part of it?

Folks I dont blame the kid for taking advantage of the system , I love capitalism ! but I also appreciate good basketball and what I'm seeing in NCAA play right now .. man its awful. Just awful. can we be real here . Hump sucks . I love his smile , his hustle , but he's terrible . Good luck to Australian GM that drafts him . And IH is only one of dozens that could hang around another year or two , develop , and then go make his $$$ .

 

How do the current NBA Draft rules make basketball in NCAA worse? If there were no such rule, the best basketball players in the country would never even play NCAA ball, so how would that make it better?

If he sucks so bad, why are you all bent out of shape that he's leaving? I mean you want the college product to be good, right? So why would you want a player that sucks a part of it?

 

Because players like him leaving early just increase the value of a good game of basketball soooooo much . I wouldnt think I'd have to state the obvious but with seasoning and hard work Hump could be a pretty decent player . Currently he is a poor passer , his foot work is dreadful , his hands .... So he sticks for a couple years and learns how to play before becoming a pro . Thats how it should work . If he does that he helps his current NCAA team and by default increase the watchability ( new word) of the NCAA game , which is suffering currently .

How do the current NBA Draft rules make basketball in NCAA worse? If there were no such rule, the best basketball players in the country would never even play NCAA ball, so how would that make it better?

If you declare and couldnt come back it would force marginal players to stay . Yes a few HS stars would still go without college but it would encourage players to stay not bolt .

Because players like him leaving early just increase the value of a good game of basketball soooooo much . I wouldnt think I'd have to state the obvious but with seasoning and hard work Hump could be a pretty decent player . Currently he is a poor passer , his foot work is dreadful , his hands .... So he sticks for a couple years and learns how to play before becoming a pro . Thats how it should work . If he does that he helps his current NCAA team and by default increase the watchability ( new word) of the NCAA game , which is suffering currently .

 

So do what's in the best interest of a school and people being lazy on a couch, and not what's in one's own best interests?

 

People should never get mad or upset at kids for doing what's best for themselves.

I've seen 2 mock drafts this week that has Humphries going in the middle of the 2nd round...

While there are pro leagues across the world the odds are still stacked against the majority of these players making a "great" living or even finding the right opportunity. Most leagues across the globe limit the number of roster spots for import players to 2-3 spots. Limiting the number of roster spots for import players creates a buyers market. The success stories like Jimmer Fredette and Justin Doellman are the exceptions not the rule. A lot of import players get one contract and are back home within one to three years. Right situation financially and culturally is very difficult to find.

So do what's in the best interest of a school and people being lazy on a couch, and not what's in one's own best interests?

 

People should never get mad or upset at kids for doing what's best for themselves.

I said the NCAA should change the rules .. meaning the future , Big IH wants to forgo his free education, skip the degree , and go play some Aussie ball for chump change .. have at it . signed , lazy guy on couch .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.