Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hamidou Diallo declares for Draft

Featured Replies

I saw a lot of buzz and shock on this yesterday, but wasn't he expected to do this from the time he joined UK?

I'd be extremely surprised if he stays in the draft. NBA teams/scouts have the luxury of seeing if kid can play at the college level and to get a sense of their overall strengths and weaknesses. The kid is too talented not to get drafted, but I don't think he'd be a lottery pick this year. The wise move would be to come back and develop for next year's draft--given it should be a bit weaker.

 

I agree. He won't be a lottery pick nor will he stay in the draft.

 

I'm still confused why he didn't want to play this year with the Cats. He arrived on campus and was eligible in early January. Cal said he left it up to him and he chose not to play. If he now thinks he might be talented enough to go up against pros he certainly should have felt he could have helped UK in the college/amateur game. He might have been a difference maker by late February heading into the tournaments.

I agree. He won't be a lottery pick nor will he stay in the draft.

 

I'm still confused why he didn't want to play this year with the Cats. He arrived on campus and was eligible in early January. Cal said he left it up to him and he chose not to play. If he now thinks he might be talented enough to go up against pros he certainly should have felt he could have helped UK in the college/amateur game. He might have been a difference maker by late February heading into the tournaments.

 

That's the one question I have.

 

I've wondered if he didn't play because everything gets exposed in game competition and that includes the bad as well as the good.

 

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

That's the one question I have.

 

I've wondered if he didn't play because everything gets exposed in game competition and that includes the bad as well as the good.

 

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

 

Exactly my thinking. You're highly touted. Keep it that way until you get drafted.

Not sure why anyone is surprised by this....This was the plan all along.

 

I'd be pretty surprised if he ends up leaving.

Now you've gone and done it.

Done what? I know you are trying to take a shot at UK, UK Fans or both...but I don't get it.

Done what? I know you are trying to take a shot at UK, UK Fans or both...but I don't get it.

 

Anytime someone insinuates that a player comes to UK for any other reason than the fact that they really wanted to be at UK, it's usually not taken very well. That's all.

Anytime someone insinuates that a player comes to UK for any other reason than the fact that they really wanted to be at UK, it's usually not taken very well. That's all.

 

Gotcha, I never feel that way so I completely missed what you were saying. Anyone that thinks any top 100 player goes anywhere for the academics is dreaming.

 

Every top 100 player thinks they are going to the league and pick teams coaches that they think will help them. If Duke, UK, UL, UNC don't come calling them they pick the next school on their list, to play ball...not because it has a great Geology department. :lol2:

Anytime someone insinuates that a player comes to UK for any other reason than the fact that they really wanted to be at UK, it's usually not taken very well. That's all.

 

No NBA talented player wants to go to any college, they have no choice. They're much better off going after HS and getting paid before they are exposed, good or bad.

Crap. I guess only at UK can you come here, not play and still,get,drafted.

 

He would join Enes Kanter.

 

Does anybody know if this has happened to anyone other than Kanter. Attend college for a period of time, never play, and get drafted?

He would join Enes Kanter.

 

Does anybody know if this has happened to anyone other than Kanter. Attend college for a period of time, never play, and get drafted?

 

Wouldn't you say it almost happened to Kyrie Irving? How many games did he get to play at Duke?

 

#PurplePride92

He'll be at UK for one year as planned

He'll be at UK for one year as planned
If he comes back technically it will be 1 1/2 years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.