Trump Philosophy

What is Trump's core Political Philosophy?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What is Trump's core Political Philosophy?

• Conservative
    • Moderate
    • Liberal
    • Pragmatic
    • Other

There have been various threads discussing Trump's flip flopping, learning, etc. My opinion has not changed on Trump's governing philosophy - he doesn't really have one. I don't see him as conservative or liberal. I don't even know if he truly is a Republican or Democrat. I am not sure he knows since he has wavered between both over the years.

My view on Trump philosophy - he is a pragmatist. He looks at situations and tries to find quick solutions. If he can't get it done now, move on to the next thing. He is malleable to situations and to advice from others. He is not anchored in a political ideology.

Is Trump conservative, moderate, liberal, pragmatic, other?

Trump is a problem solver, unconcerned with popularity, and unmarried to any pure political ideology. Unlike any political leader, he is almost totally unconcerned with the political consequences of his actions. If he encounters obstacles like the Freedom Caucus who insist on an ideologically pure solution, he will negotiate with Democrats to get things done.

Trump's policy positions are generally conservative. Smaller federal government, strong national defense, reduced taxation and fiscal responsibility are all things a conservative can get on board with.

How do you define popularity? If popularity is based on attention and people talking about him, Trump is very concerned about that. He craves attention. His twitter addiction is all about getting attention. He wants attention and people talking about him and if that starts to fade, he creates something that will rev it back up again.

I am still not sure what political ideology he truly is at his core. I believe he does things to secure his political following and I am not sure he even truly believes in them. He is wedded to conservatives so he is going to do things to keep their attention and support, but I am not convinced he fully buys in to all these things.

How do you define popularity? If popularity is based on attention and people talking about him, Trump is very concerned about that. He craves attention. His twitter addiction is all about getting attention. He wants attention and people talking about him and if that starts to fade, he creates something that will rev it back up again.

I am still not sure what political ideology he truly is at his core. I believe he does things to secure his political following and I am not sure he even truly believes in them. He is wedded to conservatives so he is going to do things to keep their attention and support, but I am not convinced he fully buys in to all these things.

Absolutely incorrect on this point. Trump communicates directly to the American People because what passes for main stream press, is the propaganda partner of the political opposition, and has abandoned ALL PRETENSE of objectivity.

Popularity is measured by daily approval polls. Util recently, Trump was well under 50%. Obama, by comparison, was near 68% for most of his presidency.

When you avoid foreign policy confrontation and conflict, spend massively on social programs, without placing the burden of funding those programs on the current electorate, and promote and mainstream anti anglo racism, a government dependent electorate is pretty happy. Because of this popularity, the country never held Obama accountable for domestic terrorism. Obama had four major Islamic Terror events on his watch last year alone. How many has Trump had so far?