Oldest piece of clothing you still wear

BigVMan23

I recently went through my closet, have tons of stuff I don't wear or haven't worn in a long time, and found an old softball tournament championship t-shirt stashed in the back. I pulled it out and have worn it a handful of times over the past 4-5 months or so. The shirt dates back to the summer of 1990 I believe, so going on 27 years old. That got me to thinking about this question. I also have some t-shirts I use if I'm doing something where I'm going to sweat profusely...mowing grass, walking the golf course, etc. that are probably approaching 20 years old.

So, whats the oldest piece of clothing you have that you still wear?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a shirt I got in Mexico when I was 19 that I have since cut the sleeves off of and wear from time to time when I'm mowing the lawn or going for a run. So that's 11 years.

Have another shirt that I got when I was a junior in high school about a certain prank that our class did that I still wear when working around the house. That one would be 13 years I believe.

I have:

- a Starter coat that I got in the early 90's that I wear when working outside in the cold.

- a FSU sweatshirt from the early 90's (Charlie Ward days) that I still wear when working outside.

- some long sleeve shirts from the mid 90's that I still wear when working around the house.

There isn't any nostalgia behind them. They have just held up to the abuse they've been through over the years, especially the Starter coat.

I have a Murray State pull over that I think I have worn sparsely in cool weather the past couple of years that dates back to 1990 as well now that I think about it. Used to wear it all the time back in the day. That thing might literally last forever, or at least outlast me.

Cool thread.

I have a "Bullitt East 7v7 Tournament Champion" shirt from 2000 that is purple w/ gold lettering; which is actually the year I graduated...so, it wasn't "mine" per say. I think I stole it from my dad. The lettering it cracked, and their is a tear under one of the sleeves by my right armpit. The best part? It's an XL that actually fits and looks good now. :lol2: (so says my wife. All the approval I need right?)

I lost one last summer at Lake Cumberland out in front of Grider Hill boat dock (it had turned into a worn out cut off and I had it off tucked in the back of my shorts) that would be 20 years old next fall. It was an "All Area" football shirt from my high school days. But, if there were ever a place to "bury" one.....that lake and that dock area of it is the place. :laugh: