Kentucky 65 Wichita State 62

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time this game was in doubt was when Fox made not one, but two freshmen mistakes late. He came in a hair of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The jump shot and .... ?

... the foul on the three pointer.

Edit:

Just saw your post above about the three pointer. :thumb:

Edited by Voice of Reason

If I was a few more beers in, you would almost be worth getting suspended over. Been a few years lol.

You keep things entertaining FF24!

I was in the same boat a while back when he had a different user name and was suspended. Not worth it. He thrives on attention, don't give him any and he will be more miserable than if you lash out at him.

Willis team high 33 minutes 9 pts, 8 reb(solid game), Bam another double double plus a big block, Fox solid game, Briscoe knew not to shoot, Monk with a couple big 3's and a big block, Hawkins was Hawkins ( I sure am glad he stuck at UK). Overall ugly grind game Cats Win... Ill take it

WHEW ! What a finish ! I along w/ others here have been on U.K's lack of defense all season and they stepped up big with the D in this one. ALL players contributed for a "Team" win.

WSU ...imo is one of if not the best coached teams in America. They play hard, tough and will lock you down on defense. Today the Cats matched their opponet's intensity, especially down the stretch.

Hawkins, Willis, Monk, Fox and Bam all stepped up and made plays and every play they made was needed.

Great Win ...on to the sweet 16 !

Succeed and Proceed, Survive and Advance ....

GO BIG BLUE !!

All we heard from CBS at halftime was how great of a defensive game plan Marshall had put in place, yet UK was ahead in every defensive metric at the half. CBS announcers in the second half early on kept talking about the great WS Defense, all the while UK continued to play just as good or better defense. Finally after back to back stops to win the game UK got some credit for their Defense.