Michigan 73 Louisville 69

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate saying this but I think the best team won today. Cards took away their strength and still loss.. Never seen a 7 foot center miss 2 dunks with nobody around him. Feel for Q just wasn't his day. Miss several key 3's that might have change the outcome.

There were a lot of complaining by UK fans how one and done doesn't get it done come tournament time. In fact most of those fans what they say they want is basically what Pitino does at UL. Talented kids but not one and done and coaches them up. Yet they are still going home the first weekend of the tournament.

Just goes to show again it doesn't matter if you have one and dones, a mixture, or an experience team. All it takes is one bad game or one great game by the other team and you are done.

This tournament is the hardest to win in sports.

With all that said it kind serves justice to UL for what they did to their team last year. They gave that post season ban to themselves last year, so they wouldn't have it this year. Since this was suppose to be the year for a great run. When in reality the team last year was playing it's best ball when they gave that ban. Last year's team probably makes it past the second round.

Mitchell said so post-game.

Thing is, had he not faded away in this game he could've put himself in a situation to be a lottery pick. Why is he not taking big shots down the stretch and people like Deng, Q and Hicks (of all freaking people) are?

Rick got totally outcoached. And somehow L'ville went back to playing like they did before Q got hurt. Against a team that plays horrible defense. And what is it about not being able to stop Euro centers?

With all that said it kind serves justice to UL for what they did to their team last year. They gave that post season ban to themselves last year, so they wouldn't have it this year. Since this was suppose to be the year for a great run. When in reality the team last year was playing it's best ball when they gave that ban. Last year's team probably makes it past the second round.

Wow…. lol. What justice was served to Villanova and all the other teams that have lost so far?

That’s a fine looking high horse….

This season just had that early exit feel to it – ugh.

Oh well, before we know it Lamar Jackson will be taking the field again….

In the meantime excited for the upcoming NBA post season, and to head to some of the Red’s concerts games…. Avett Brothers are coming to GABP (lol).

Go Cards!

Don't sleep on the Baseball Cards. #1 in the nation and as it starts to warm up there are going to be some very good ACC and midweek matchups and JPat has a great atmosphere (and the price is right as well).

Game against NKU at Slugger Field and then the ACC Tournament there as well. If they continue to play well, they could potentially play any playoff games at JPat as well.

Go Cards!

Wow…. lol. What justice was served to Villanova and all the other teams that have lost so far?

Yeah. That was a remarkably ignorant statement to make. I decided to leave it alone. :lol2:

The ACC was just so much of a gauntlet that these teams just didn't have anything left in the tank. I believe that's the SEC football excuse.

How many championships has the SEC won in football in the last 10 years? How many championships has the ACC won in basketball in the past 10 years. Honestly I didn't bother to look it up, so enlighten me.

How many championships has the SEC won in football in the last 10 years? How many championships has the ACC won in basketball in the past 10 years. Honestly I didn't bother to look it up, so enlighten me.

2009. UNC

2010. Duke

2015. Duke

It's pretty simple. Last year's ban that UL put on itself in the middle of the season, was what was best for their program, but it was not what was best for those players on that team last year. Especially the seniors or grad transfers, that Ban effected them even though they did nothing wrong. UL did what was best for their program and not the players. They knew a ban was going to come and if they played out last season and did the ban this year it would have impacted recruiting and guys possibly would have left before this season.

So yes while I get why UL did the ban for last season. That ban was not what was best for the players on that team. Which is what my point was, justice may have been served by not only did they hurt players last year. They may have hurt their own chances because last year's team may have had a better chance.