Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs. Duke Seeding

Featured Replies

Start another thread if you want to discuss Duke vs Louisville.

 

Original post was a moot point since both will be twos, just trying to add to the convo...my bad!!!

  • Replies 76
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Start another thread if you want to discuss Duke vs Louisville.

 

The question I have for you is do you not think UK deserves a 2 seed? If so who are the 8 teams with a better resume ?

I feel you just summarized why Duke and UK have a very similar resume.

 

That's pretty much what I believe. There's a slight edge to Duke on the top level wins. Which isn't surprising since they've played more, and just picked up three top flight wins this week - the most impressive thing either team has done. I believe they both should be two seeds. I'd be surprised to see Kentucky ahead of Duke but I'm also fairly certain you wouldn't see Duke as a 2 and Kentucky as a 3. So unless Duke really elevates from a projected 4 to a 1 all on the strength of the ACC tourney, I think they end the same.

  • Author
The question I have for you is do you not think UK deserves a 2 seed? If so who are the 8 teams with a better resume ?

 

I didn't say UK didn't deserve a 2.

 

I simply am asking the folks who think UK should have a higher seed than Duke to make a case.

  • Author
Original post was a moot point since both will be twos, just trying to add to the convo...my bad!!!

 

It's not moot at all. Some feel UK deserves a higher seed. I asked those folks on their opinions why.

UK has played one ranked team (1-0) since Feb. 11th. Duke has played six (5-1).
So

what? They did what they needed to

do and win. Something Duke didn't do.

Funny how early season losses by UK and late season wins by Duke are all some folks focus on:popcorn:

I didn't say UK didn't deserve a 2.

 

I simply am asking the folks who think UK should have a higher seed than Duke to make a case.

 

I think most think both will have a two seed. Duke could get a 1 I guess. But I think our resident Duke fans are making the same mistake even UK fans have in recent history and putting to much into a conference tournament. Duke probably has a slight edge which means they will probably be 5 and 6 on the committee board.

 

The one thing I'm forgetting is the rules. Can UNC and Duke be matched up as a 1 and 2 seed?

 

I think Duke is one of the top 4 team playing right now, I just don't think the body work equals a 1 seed.

  • Author
So

what? They did what they needed to

do and win. Something Duke didn't do.

 

You're right. Five ranked wins since your Feb. 11th date means nothing.

I think rhe 2 home losses, even they were to to top 10 teams, hurt Kentucky's resumé more than the Tennessee loss.

  • Author
I think most think both will have a two seed. Duke could get a 1 I guess. But I think our resident Duke fans are making the same mistake even UK fans have in recent history and putting to much into a conference tournament. Duke probably has a slight edge which means they will probably be 5 and 6 on the committee board.

 

The one thing I'm forgetting is the rules. Can UNC and Duke be matched up as a 1 and 2 seed?

 

I think Duke is one of the top 4 team playing right now, I just don't think the body work equals a 1 seed.

 

IMO Duke getting a 1 will come down to whether or not the committee factors in Duke not being 100% for part(s) of the season. If they don't factor that in, they will not get a 1. If they do, I can see it happening.

Duke and UK both lose at UL, Duke and UK both beat UNC on neutral court. Duke and UK both lose to Kansas. Duke and UK both have a bad loss UK at UT, Duke at home vs NC STATE (and no they couldnt win the SEC). Duke and UK both win conference tourney. What are we arguing

You're right. Five ranked wins since your Feb. 11th date means nothing.

 

They mean they jump from a 4 seed to a 2 seed. Which is a huge jump.

The point I have is, who gives a rat's butt.

 

This is pointless, useless, argument.

  • Author
They mean they jump from a 4 seed to a 2 seed. Which is a huge jump.

 

Agreed.

 

I have no issue with those who think they should be seeded equally. In no way does UK deserve a better seed, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.