Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs. Duke Seeding

Featured Replies

  • Author
The point I have is, who gives a rat's butt.

 

This is pointless, useless, argument.

 

A lot of people will care if Duke gets a 1.

 

:lol2:

  • Replies 76
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO Duke getting a 1 will come down to whether or not the committee factors in Duke not being 100% for part(s) of the season. If they don't factor that in, they will not get a 1. If they do, I can see it happening.

 

I can agree with that. If they put a lot of emphasis on that. Does UK not get any consideration for the month Fox was out hurt and playing injured. He showed this weekend how a healthy Fox takes UK to another level.

It's not moot at all. Some feel UK deserves a higher seed. I asked those folks on their opinions why.

 

OK...I've not heard anyone say they deserve a #1.

A lot of people will care if Duke gets a 1.

 

:lol2:

 

I will disagree with it and hope UK gets the 2 seed in their bracket. I like the UK backcourt vs Duke's.

  • Author
I can agree with that. If they put a lot of emphasis on that. Does UK not get any consideration for the month Fox was out hurt and playing injured. He showed this weekend how a healthy Fox takes UK to another level.

 

Who knows what they REALLY put emphasis on. They say one thing and then their seedings suggest otherwise. So we'll see.

Duke and UK both lose at UL, Duke and UK both beat UNC on neutral court. Duke and UK both lose to Kansas. Duke and UK both have a bad loss UK at UT, Duke at home vs NC STATE (and no they couldnt win the SEC). Duke and UK both win conference tourney. What are we arguing

 

Well said I've not really seen many if anyone on here say that UK deserves a higher seed than Duke other than some who just Duke those same people who probably say that Duke only deserves a 6 or 7 seed.lol I personally think they are both solid #2 seeds who along with Arizona and Villanova are playing as good as anyone in the country right now.

OK...I've not heard anyone say they deserve a #1.

 

Im not sure UK deserves a 2 seed but they will probably get one.

Im not sure UK deserves a 2 seed but they will probably get one.

 

They deserve a #2

Currently

KenPom #4

RPI #4

BPI # 10

I can agree with that. If they put a lot of emphasis on that. Does UK not get any consideration for the month Fox was out hurt and playing injured. He showed this weekend how a healthy Fox takes UK to another level.

Good point. When UK went on their "skid", it was when Fox was injured.

It won't happen but I personally would like to see the Cats be the #2 seed out West with Gonzaga. The Cats will probably be the #2 seed in either the Mid-west or the South with either Kansas or North Carolina as the #1 seed. I would like to see as Lipton said be the #2 in the South with Duke as the #1 seed. I know the Cats beat the Tarheels in Dec. but I think the style that Duke plays the Cats match up better with the Bluedevils. jmo

Very similar resumes and I couldn't complain if either is a 1. I think Duke would probably have the edge based on quality wins though. I think both end up as 2 seeds though.

They deserve a #2

Currently

KenPom #4

RPI #4

BPI # 10

 

They cant beat anybody ranked higher than them. 3 seed at best.

I think rhe 2 home losses, even they were to to top 10 teams, hurt Kentucky's resumé more than the Tennessee loss.

 

I agree I think if the Cats would have won one of those especially the Kansas game then they would have been in the discussion for a #1 seed today. But they did not take our #2 seed and see what happens.

They cant beat anybody ranked higher than them. 3 seed at best.

 

You don't think they can beat a top 8 team? Opinions vary!

 

I think this team can lose to a lot of teams, but I also think it has the ability to beat any one...we'll see how it plays out.

And while I know many say that rankings do not fully reflect a seed, it is generally a good indicator. For a team (Duke) to be around that 4 line seven days ago to now being a legit contender for a #1 seed is unprecedented, especially for an 8 loss team. They've earned their recent praise, but you see this on different levels each year when the media wants to be proven right about their preseason pick(s). It is an interesting case, but I believe the Blue Devils did too much harm to get to the #1 line. UK on eye test alone doesn't get my vote for a #1 seed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.