Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Knight: A bitter old man

Featured Replies

HE wouldn't have lasted with the way social media is today. He got away with a lot of things.

 

A lot of coaches got away with things back in the day. Obviously, he got away with a lot more because he is a nut and a bully. He has mistaken discipline for humiliation.

I think he's already done announcing...but I may be wrong.

It was rumored that he was drunk on a few broadcast last year. It was swept under the rug by the network but it ensured he wouldn't be back at the mic in the future.

Showtime has a doc on the '76 IU team tonight at 9:00.

Matt Norlander of CBS Sports does not hold back if anyone cares to post the link...

Coach Knight was a tremendous coach in his prime, but he has obviously lost touch with reality. Very embarrassing to say the least.

Bob Knight Hopes Former IU Admins are Dead

 

“I hope they’re all dead,” Knight said. To which Patrick replied, “Some of them are, but I don’t know ...”

 

Added Knight: “Well, I hope the rest of them go.”

 

on a sidenote....Dan Patrick looks about 75 years old in that interview clip.

I used to defend Knight (20 years ago) but have not for some time. He is just pathetic and sad now. I would LOVE to see IU come out with a statement that Knight is no longer welcome on the campus for any reason because of these (and many other) quotes. Punch the bully right in the mouth...

I used to defend Knight (20 years ago) but have not for some time. He is just pathetic and sad now. I would LOVE to see IU come out with a statement that Knight is no longer welcome on the campus for any reason because of these (and many other) quotes. Punch the bully right in the mouth...

 

Never like him. But I agree with your final two sentences.

Coach Knight was a tremendous coach in his prime, but he has obviously lost touch with reality. Very embarrassing to say the least.

That prime being 30-40 years ago. 1 sweet 16 visit in his last 13 years sends the message that the university ran scared of Bobby Knight for a lot longer than they should have.

 

He hasn't been a very good

coach in over a decade before he was finally fired and the sad thing is, he wasn't fired for his inability to coach, he was fired for being a tyrant. He should

have been let go a long time before he was and it should have been for his inability to win, not for his thuggish way of dealing with people.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.