Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 73 Bracken County 68 (39th District Championship)

Featured Replies

Mason is hitting their stride because they haven't play with a full team, for one reason or another, until the last two weeks of the season. Better than everyone thinks.

  • Replies 173
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Congratulations to Coach Buddy Biggs and the Royals!   Little known fact.... Coach Biggs has a state championship FOOTBALL ring from his days coaching at Beechwood. In addition to being a good frie

Bracken missed so,so many inside shots in the first half alone(I counted 14 at one point) that would have made a huge difference in the outcome of this game

Bracken missed so,so many inside shots in the first half alone(I counted 14 at one point) that would have made a huge difference in the outcome of this game

 

They missed a lot. Some of it I credit to Perkins' presence, some they simply missed.

  • Author
Good game but Mason had them most of the second half.

 

I didn't watch the game, but listening to it, I never felt like Bracken County was going to win. Kudos to the Bears for making things interesting, though.

 

Tip of the hat to Mason County. The loss of their best player & then battled injuries, yet they are still 39th District champs.

 

Regardless of this game's outcome, both of these teams will be hoping to draw the 38th District. And the 38th will hope to draw the 39th.

Bracken missed so,so many inside shots in the first half alone(I counted 14 at one point) that would have made a huge difference in the outcome of this game

 

Mason County went 3 minutes in the 4th quarter without a point, Bracken had the opportunity to win, they just didn't and it's really as simple as that. We can all sit here and say "well this was called a foul or this wasn't called or they missed this many bunnies" but at the end of the day they had a chance to win the game and didn't.

 

Credit to Buddy Biggs, people aren't happy with him as coach and yes I started that thread when I heard he was retiring, but the guy can flat out coach.

Congratulations to Coach Buddy Biggs and the Royals!

 

Little known fact.... Coach Biggs has a state championship FOOTBALL ring from his days coaching at Beechwood. In addition to being a good friend, he is an outstanding coach and a WINNER.

They missed a lot. Some of it I credit to Perkins' presence, some they simply missed.

 

I thought they had Perkins and Fox sealed off pretty well and just missed shot after shot within a couple of feet, very,very frustrating 1st half. Could have easily had a 12-14 point lead at the half

Coach Biggs doesn't get the credit he deserves. This was a weak Mason County team compared to past years. I hate to say it but Bracken County has underacheived this year with a mediocre schedule and a senior dominant team.

Just disappointed in tonight. I felt like we were playing 2 on 8 most of the night and seems like every call went Masons way. I know you're not supposed to blame the refs but I was not a fan of that call on Crawford for the technical.

 

On the other hand, I give tons of credit to Masons coaches and kids. They came into this game upset minded and was able to overcome a barrage of points by Crawford in order to get the win.

 

Seems like Coach Hinson went with his tried and true method of set back and let the best player on the court win the game and Biggs went with the we will give Crawford his and not let anybody else beat us approach. I thought Appleman played well when he was in the game and looked good from 3.

 

The old honcho is at a loss for words but it's nothing a big region win next week can't fix. As always I'll support the Bears and Coach Hinson win or lose.

Just an outsider looking in but there is always an excuse from Bracken people when they lose. I think they lost to Harrison earlier in the year and they blamed that loss on Crawford being sick. When you have 32 minutes to win a game that you should win then the outcome should take care of itself.

And Mason Co. didn't help themselves down the stretch either. A few times, I thought they were trying to give the game away.

And Mason Co. didn't help themselves down the stretch either. A few times, I thought they were trying to give the game away.

 

You are correct. Mason nearly imploded the last :49 seconds. Mason hits FT's and takes care of the ball and it is a double digit game. That is not a fluke.

Tough loss for the Polar Bears, but they are capable of making a run next week.

There are 3 teams at the top of the 10th region Campbell, Paris, and Scott everyone else is in the D-League.

There are 3 teams at the top of the 10th region Campbell, Paris, and Scott everyone else is in the D-League.

You're forgetting GRC.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.