Walton Verona 56 Simon Kenton 53

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name another sport that has not done well, and when I say well I mean relative to the expectations at SK, over the last 5-10 years.

Read what I put in bold, expectations was not part of the comment, it was about winning and doing well.

In another post I also mentioned that "winning" and "expectations" are not the same thing.

SK has had many very good teams since they were moved to the 8th. But, they have NEVER had the best talent in the 8th during that span. Very hard to win Region tournaments.

2007 was their most talented squad. Co-Players of the year, lost to Oldham in the finals. 2012 was good until, well you know.

SK has had many very good teams since they were moved to the 8th. But, they have NEVER had the best talent in the 8th during that span. Very hard to win Region tournaments.
So moving to the 8th region is why the talent has been bad even though their school boundaries didn't change?

SK didn't move to 8th Region, the 8th Region moved to them.

Sarcasm. Was implying that moving regions has nothing to do with their talent.
Gotcha. I wasn't implying that either, but just pointing out that SK has had very good teams as an 8th Region member. This years team just wasn't as good as some those teams. I like Coach Steiner, I think gets a lot of unnecessary darts thrown at him. A previous poster said that the 8th is the worst Region in the state......not true, probably never has been close to being true.

My opinion only, the community expects this program to win the district annually and compete for a regional title. We're the biggest school in the district and one of the bigger in the region. There are no 'unfair' expectations of being the best team in the state or hanging a banner. There are teams we should beat that we just haven't lately. That's it. Beat who you should beat and compete like crazy against teams better than you and hope to pull an upset.

That being said, basketball is hard. A turned ankle could be the difference in winning a region or going home early in a district game.