February 1, 20179 yr Final. Glad the Cats won but very lucky going to have to start playing a lot better especially on the defensive end.
February 1, 20179 yr Wasn't pretty, but they got the W. Defense is not improving as it needs to be. Gonna miss Brent calling games.
February 1, 20179 yr OK ... everyone hammered Hawkins for shooting the wide open 3 pointer. A possession later Monk takes a wild off balance fade away on the baseline with a hand in his face. Which shot was worse?
February 1, 20179 yr OK ... everyone hammered Hawkins for shooting the wide open 3 pointer. A possession later Monk takes a wild off balance fade away on the baseline with a hand in his face. Which shot was worse? Monk's, but you gotta live with a few of those from him.
February 1, 20179 yr OK ... everyone hammered Hawkins for shooting the wide open 3 pointer. A possession later Monk takes a wild off balance fade away on the baseline with a hand in his face. Which shot was worse? I'll take the guy that's not a career 24% 3 point shooter. It wasn't just that he took the shot it was how quick. One pass into the play and it wasn't like he was wide open. I'm positive that not how it was drawn up.
February 1, 20179 yr Start out down 12-0, no Fox, Bam has 2 pt-0 reb- 4 fouls with 8 min to play and the Cats win....I'll take it
February 1, 20179 yr It wasn't pretty but I like a lot of what we saw in that win. The effort level is absolutely there. They still need to get better to win a title but you can't say these kids dont care. Nice to see the Cats play a little zone. And you gotta admit, at times it gave UGA some trouble. Will we see more? Great game by Briscoe. Nice to see him bounce back. Monk was Monk in the 2nd half. Man, when he gets going. Saw some pretty good minutes in the first half by quite a few guys. On the surface, not a great win, but I bet Cal has to be very happy.
February 1, 20179 yr I'll take the guy that's not a career 24% 3 point shooter. It wasn't just that he took the shot it was how quick. One pass into the play and it wasn't like he was wide open. I'm positive that not how it was drawn up. I'll give you that it was early in the shot clock. He should have let the possession go longer. But that was a good open uncontested look. You can work a full shot clock and not get a better look.
February 1, 20179 yr The biggest issue for UK is they are not playing Calipari style defense. They have got to get better on defense if they are going to do anything good in the tournament.
February 1, 20179 yr The biggest issue for UK is they are not playing Calipari style defense. They have got to get better on defense if they are going to do anything good in the tournament. I'll settle for any defense.
February 1, 20179 yr How many charges has Hawkins drawn defensively this year. Seems like he gets a couple every game. Didnt like his shot, but I have no doubt he was open. I still like what he brings to the game . Just wish he was about 6'6.
February 1, 20179 yr Ugly at times but a win and I will take it. Thought we got good minutes from Gabriel, Humphries, the wood chipper and Hawk off the bench.
February 1, 20179 yr Well people kind of got their wish this game. People been saying they rather have more experience guys and 3 to 4 year guys, and KY boys. Well today you got that, experience with Briscoe, Hawkins, and Willis. With Hawkins and Willis being KY boys too. Then you also had a 3 to 4 year guy in Humphties playing and starting. What did all that get us? Down 12 to 0 to start the game. Needed over 30 points long contested 2 by Monk just to just go to overtime against a team with 9 losses already while we were at home. Idk about some people but I much rather be seeing one and done guys like Fox playing over some of the guys who got a lot of minutes today.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.