February 1, 20179 yr This team will go as far as DeAaron Fox can take them. That is my stance and I'm sticking to it. He is the key to everything. Monk is going to get his but unless he goes off like he did tonight or UNC he can't carry this team to a title.
February 1, 20179 yr With the exception of the first minutes of the 1st half of the game when frankly, they looked completely lost, cement in their shoes without Fox. Aside from those first minutes and considering that the Cats had not only Fox out but two more, including Mulder who can help at the guard position. I think that Cal was down to only three guards. Rotations, substitution patterns were thrown off as well. Overall I was really pleased with the way this team played hard / gutted it out and made plays down the stretch and in ot when they had to. I have to say that I did about shatter the walls in the house screaming at Monk when he took that off balance while heavily guarded jumper late in the game. Monk with 37 again proved how unstoppable he can be when they play smart. Rebounding was key in this one and Briscoe, Humphries really hit the boards well along with Gabriel ...in the 1st half UGA may have been up by 15 or so if not for my "hard work" man Gabriel scrapping, getting boards as well as his defense inside when all others were flat footed.
February 1, 20179 yr OK ... everyone hammered Hawkins for shooting the wide open 3 pointer. A possession later Monk takes a wild off balance fade away on the baseline with a hand in his face. Which shot was worse? Both were terrible
February 1, 20179 yr Unless Killeya-Jones was out last night I guess it's clear that we aren't going to see much more of him. Has Cal mentioned anything about him not playing defense, (that should fit right in with this team right now), or anything else? This team misses Mulder minutes too imo but right now their bench is pretty short until Fox and Mulder get back. Does anyone know what Mulder's illness is?
February 1, 20179 yr Unless Killeya-Jones was out last night I guess it's clear that we aren't going to see much more of him. Has Cal mentioned anything about him not playing defense, (that should fit right in with this team right now), or anything else? This team misses Mulder minutes too imo but right now their bench is pretty short until Fox and Mulder get back. Does anyone know what Mulder's illness is? KJ was sick and out as well.
February 1, 20179 yr This makes three straight games I've missed, and three straight games I'm glad I did. 9 pm games during the week suck.
February 1, 20179 yr Almost out coached again. Do you watch the games or just jump on here to comment after seeing the score?
February 1, 20179 yr Monk's, but you gotta live with a few of those from him. This is something my Dad has said multiple times.
February 1, 20179 yr Let's just hope Fox is Mulder's kind of sick Why would we want Fox to miss multiple weeks?? :confused:
February 1, 20179 yr How cool was it to have Brent Musberger do the Y last night? In case you don't know, during SEC games, the cheerleaders spell out KENTUCKY with their bodies on the floor and they always bring someone out to do the Y. Saturday it was Tayshaun Prince.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.