POTUS Makes Changes To National Security Council

Clyde

He has removed the Director of National Intelligence and the chairman of the JSOC from the "principals committee" while making white nationalist Steve Bannon a permanent member of the committee.

The previous two POTUS has both positions on the committee.

Trump orders ISIS plan, talks with Putin and gives Bannon national security role - The Washington Post

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has removed the Director of National Intelligence and the chairman of the JSOC from the "principals committee" while making white nationalist Steve Bannon a permanent member of the committee.

The previous two POTUS has both positions on the committee.

Trump orders ISIS plan, talks with Putin and gives Bannon national security role - The Washington Post

Former racist and antisemite, President Barack Obama, should have fired his Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, for committing perjury while testifying in front of Congress. At least Trump did not ask Clapper to stay in his position.

Former racist and antisemite, President Barack Obama, should have fired his Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, for committing perjury while testifying in front of Congress. At least Trump did not ask Clapper to stay in his position.

What does anything Obama did have to do with this?

What does anything Obama did have to do with this?
The article mentioned the practices of previous administrations. I just pointed out that the Obama administration had a man on the committee who should have been fired before Trump took office.

Contrary to the statement in the OP, Trump did not actually remove the DNI and JSOC from the committee, he decided that those individuals did not need to attend unless their particular expertise was required to address the topics on the agenda.

This is another example of liberals grasping at straws. Is the POTUS deciding who needs to attend all of a committee's meetings and who should only attend on an as-needed basis really something that warrants criticism? I think not.

Also, I took the opportunity to express my personal opinion of Obama in response to Clyde's assertion that Bannon is a white nationalist.

I can't fathom the outrage it would have caused had Obama removed the chairman of the JCS and replaced him with a political operative.

Now the NSC is run by a fringe crackpot and its newest principal member is a propagandist from Breitbart in place of the the only military advisor on the committee. What could go wrong?

This should be bigger news, but it's swallowed up in the deluge of absurdity pouring out of 1600 Pennsylvania right now.

I can't fathom the outrage it would have caused had Obama removed the chairman of the JCS and replaced him with a political operative.

Now the NSC is run by a fringe crackpot and its newest principal member is a propagandist from Breitbart in place of the the only military advisor on the committee. What could go wrong?

This should be bigger news, but it's swallowed up in the deluge of absurdity pouring out of 1600 Pennsylvania right now.

I'm beginning to think that Trump Administration's MO is to keep the waters muddy so no one can see what's really being done beneath the surface.

What do you think is being done beneath the surface?

You and Jesse and his posse would be incensed if I detailed it out. Suffice it to say, I believe very strongly that what is in the best interest of the US as a whole is not what is being planned.

I'm beginning to think that Trump Administration's MO is to keep the waters muddy so no one can see what's really being done beneath the surface.

Jay Rosen ‏@jayrosen_nyu

Another design principle of the Trump presidency: too much news. No one listens to a watchdog that's always barking. Voilà! A free hand.

You and Jesse and his posse would be incensed if I detailed it out. Suffice it to say, I believe very strongly that what is in the best interest of the US as a whole is not what is being planned.

Not to mention, we already waste entirely too much time trying to discuss anything with that group.

It is never good when all you have is "yes people" surrounding you and giving advice. Especially of national security.

This is heading to Americans killing Americans at a higher rate than terrorists killing Americans. This is the sad state of what has to happen, to truly get people to understand that people think and act differently and the diversity and divergent thinking is what really "Made This Country Great". I am not alarming, but it is getting crystal clear already. I am not mad, stunned, passionate, hating, or any of those things. This is exactly what I expected DJT to do. He is living up to what I expected he would do 100%.

So you are privelaged to " his plan"? Dont make baseless accusations, you sound awful conspiracy theoristy now.

It is never good when all you have is "yes people" surrounding you and giving advice. Especially of national security.

This is heading to Americans killing Americans at a higher rate than terrorists killing Americans. This is the sad state of what has to happen, to truly get people to understand that people think and act differently and the diversity and divergent thinking is what really "Made This Country Great". I am not alarming, but it is getting crystal clear already. I am not mad, stunned, passionate, hating, or any of those things. This is exactly what I expected DJT to do. He is living up to what I expected he would do 100%.

So Gen Mattis is a yes man? He disagrees with Trump on a number of issues.