Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky at Tennessee Thoughts/Predictions

Who Wins? 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Definite trap game, but man Tennessee is atrocious.

 

With Fox, I think the Cats win fairly easily (20-25 points). If he can't go, I think they win by around 8-10.

I guess the big question, do we sit Fox this game?

 

If he's hobbled, I would. Cats have what amounts to a 2 game lead over USC in the SEC. Kansas game is important for seeding in the NCAA tourney. KU game is more important.

Just like any other conference road game...survive and get the heck out of Dodge

Kansas game is important for seeding in the NCAA tourney. KU game is more important.

 

While there are several others reasons to consider, I'd argue the loss at Tennessee last year might have been the reason Kentucky was a 4-seed instead of a 3-seed (like A&M). I don't think you want to approach a game with an "it doesn't really matter if we lose" line of thinking.

 

With that said, sitting Fox could be beneficial for Hawkins, Mulder, etc. It took a while after Fox left on Saturday for the team to hit their stride. I'd imagine starting the game (after two days of practice) without Fox will allow the team to be better prepared from the start.

 

If I were Cal, I'd probably bring Fox off the bench early to get some work in, then rest him if the lead is comfortable. If not a comfortable lead, test what he's capable of doing. And go from there.

Kentucky 84-69.

While there are several others reasons to consider, I'd argue the loss at Tennessee last year might have been the reason Kentucky was a 4-seed instead of a 3-seed (like A&M). I don't think you want to approach a game with an "it doesn't really matter if we lose" line of thinking.

 

With that said, sitting Fox could be beneficial for Hawkins, Mulder, etc. It took a while after Fox left on Saturday for the team to hit their stride. I'd imagine starting the game (after two days of practice) without Fox will allow the team to be better prepared from the start.

 

If I were Cal, I'd probably bring Fox off the bench early to get some work in, then rest him if the lead is comfortable. If not a comfortable lead, test what he's capable of doing. And go from there.

 

I guess I was unclear. I'm not advocating a loss is okay.

 

What I'm saying is that Fox is more important to winning on Saturday than he is Tuesday. Tomorrow night I believe the team without him can grow a little tougher and show themselves they can win if Fox is out.

 

It's a bigger necessity that he is as full strength as he can be for KU on Saturday.

I guess I was unclear. I'm not advocating a loss is okay.

 

What I'm saying is that Fox is more important to winning on Saturday than he is Tuesday. Tomorrow night I believe the team without him can grow a little tougher and show themselves they can win if Fox is out.

 

It's a bigger necessity that he is as full strength as he can be for KU on Saturday.

 

Okay, I'm with you now. And I agree. My point of game planning without Fox actually dovetails exactly with what you said! :thumb:

I hope we beat them really , really bad . Like 108-22 . Hate Tn , always will

No way am I playing Fox unless he is 100% healthy. He isn't even dressing if he isn't. The Kansas game is infinitely more important. Without a healthy Fox they lose to Kansas by double figures. I was alarmed at just how bad the team looked for stretches when Fox went out against SC.

Much rather have LSU or MIZZOO in the game before Kansas. Definitely a trap game.

Vols have played okay, at times. I could see these Cats having trouble in K-Town. I think KY wins but it may be closer than some think.

Much rather have LSU or MIZZOO in the game before Kansas. Definitely a trap game.

 

Yep. Or at least a home game.

Should win this one by double digits if the young Cats are not looking past this one to the Jayhawks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.