Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Fans , Who Do You Root For When Louisville Plays Duke ?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would never cheer for Duke and their rat-faced Coach,dirty white ball players. Have the refs paid off for every game, never go down in the polls, ESPN darlings. Wish they would just go away so I could watch my Cats play this years challenging SEC schedule in peace and not have to see Duke(and Grayson) always be the lead story on the sports networks

 

Did you just put "SEC" and "challenging" in the same sentence?

Louisville

 

Louisville is the only team I pull against.

Took me a moment to figure out All In's angle. Once I saw the reference to the "challenging SEC schedule" I knew he was all-in on joke mode. Nice example of "going blue" with the humor.
:thumb::lol2: I am a UK Homer and make no apologies for it but yes, I agree the SEC at best is weak. Saying anything else and I would have to buy a "basketball for dummies" book. Each season I keep thinking the conference will be improved but it never pans out. South Carolina, Florida are U.K.'s only challengers imo, and they're not a great threat if UK is playing well.

I thought that AI had an angle, was just having some fun with it.

This is an easy question for me, what do you say?

Louisville

I am different than most. I am a UK fan and I always root for Louisville except when they play UK. I will root for Duke when they play UNC. I dislike UNC more than Duke. I also root for all the teams in the area near me - NKU, UC, Xavier, Miami, Dayton ...

The answers in this thread lead me to ask who does everyone in this thread think is UK's biggest rival?

The answers in this thread lead me to ask who does everyone in this thread think is UK's biggest rival?

 

I'll go with roughly 18% say Duke.....

I'll go with roughly 18% say Duke.....
Judging by the answers in this thread it will be closer to 78%
If I rooted at all, it would be for whatever was in UK's best interest. Most years, that means Louisville. Either UK beat UL and it would enhance a marquee win, or UL beat UK and therefore it enhances one of the few teams to beat UK. The latter was the case this year. If UK had played Duke in that year, then it probably doesn't matter.

 

This is where I am.

 

This year UL beating Duke at home by a larger margin than they beat UK makes UK look better.

The answers in this thread lead me to ask who does everyone in this thread think is UK's biggest rival?

 

Definitely Louisville.

I watched the whole game this past Saturday because I like watching good basketball games. Can't say I rooted for either, but if I had to pick a team, I'd prefer to see UL win that game.

Definitely Louisville.

 

I watched the whole game this past Saturday because I like watching good basketball games. Can't say I rooted for either, but if I had to pick a team, I'd prefer to see UL win that game.
So you think UL is UK's biggest rival but would rather see them win than Duke?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.