Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Invitational Tournament Preview with PP92 and CN/2 Sports

Featured Replies

I'll be checking a few of these games out this week.

  • Author
I'll be checking a few of these games out this week.

 

They have great facilities for this tournament. I wish I could make a game or two.

They have great facilities for this tournament. I wish I could make a game or two.

 

The gym is great. But the only team looking forward to playing there, is Valley.

The gym is great. But the only team looking forward to playing there, is Valley.

 

Agreed.

You do a great job with these interviews PP92.

  • Author
The gym is great. But the only team looking forward to playing there, is Valley.
Why is that?
Why is that?

 

It's a long drive from everywhere. There isn't enough parking. Players hate it because it's hard to shoot in there. The white walls throw off your depth perception.

It's a long drive from everywhere. There isn't enough parking. Players hate it because it's hard to shoot in there. The white walls throw off your depth perception.

 

All of this. Plus, the sole concession stand is inadequate.

All of this. Plus, the sole concession stand is inadequate.

 

You'd think they would have something there besides fish.

 

Pizza, popcorn, chips, candy bars, hot dogs. Something.

All of this. Plus, the sole concession stand is inadequate.

 

I've been their multiple times and they have all that in the concession stands. Last year they sold small items cokes in the upper part that helped some. There has been more parking added in the back. I also disagree about it not being a shooters gym. This gym is lit very well. A lot of gyms in Jefferson Co. are dark. Cant argue the distance because its not centrally located but its right off the Snyder freeway so its pretty easy to get to. JCPS has listened to most complaints and has tried to address them each year. Should be a great tournament as always.

I've been their multiple times and they have all that in the concession stands. Last year they sold small items cokes in the upper part that helped some. There has been more parking added in the back. I also disagree about it not being a shooters gym. This gym is lit very well. A lot of gyms in Jefferson Co. are dark. Cant argue the distance because its not centrally located but its right off the Snyder freeway so its pretty easy to get to. JCPS has listened to most complaints and has tried to address them each year. Should be a great tournament as always.

 

It's not the lighting that shooters have an issue with. It's the bright white walls in the ends of the gym. Messes with depth perception. I've heard it since the place opened from multiple kids on multiple teams.

Monday, Jan. 9:

Jeffersontown (19) vs. Central (14)

Game with a head coach and his former assistant. I think Central comes away with the win, Jtown turns it over a lot and Central pressure will be too much. Jtown does have the advantage down low with McCloud. They both like to get up and down and press. Central is a little more discipline at this. They have two common opponents. Central with a 3 point win over eastern and a 16 point win over Manual. Jtown got blown out by Eastern by 33 and beat manual by 3.

 

Central 74

JTown 59

 

3:30; Manual (20) vs. Christian Academy (13)

These two teams could not be on different paths this season. CAL has played a soft schedule and has been winning by an avg of 22.3 margin of victory in its 13 wins. While manual is losing by an avg. of 18.6 in their 11 loses with a very difficult schedule. They have one comment opponent both losing by 39 to Ballard. Because of that I feel this will be a close game with CAL pulling it out late in the 4th.

 

CAL 68

Manual 65

 

5 Moore (18) vs. St. Xavier (13)

Moore comes in at 11-4 after starting the season 0-3, they are playing as well as anyone in the city right now. They are led down low by Roman Collins (13.5ppg) and Hurt from the outside shooting 45% from behind the arch. The match up to watch will be between Collins and St. X John Kiesler (16.4 ppg). I hope the officials let them play and do not put one of these players on the bench with 2 tic TAC fouls. This might end up being the best game of the night. I don’t know how Moore will handle the pressure of a big tournament I’m taking X in a close one.

 

STX. 58

Moore 57

 

6:30; Western (17) vs. Fairdale (16), 8:15

Fairdale I am not sure they have a bad loss, they beat Eastern on the road but lost at home to Moore last week by 37. Glen Queen can score 20 on any given night. Fairdale does not shoot the ball well from the outside and will need to get buckets in transition. They might have problems with westerns 3-2 zone and length. Western has lost 4 in a row and best win might be a 3 point win over Lou. Holy Cross, which Fairdale beat by 16. Western has 3 players scoring in double figures. Lowe, Pearson and Swint. Fairdale has been more tested though this point in the season and has the best player on the floor in Queen I see them pulling it off.

 

Fairdale 64

Western 53

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.