2017 Official golf thread

BigVMan23

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youngest works at Dicks in the golf section. They got the new Taylormade driver they can't display yet. I met him and we hit it in the simulator. It's really nice. As loose as I could get I flew it 284 with little to no roll. He flew it 305 and it just kept rolling.

That means I might get it out there 220-25.

Looking forward to a trip this summer to the RTJ Golf Trail. A friend of mine is the Director of Golf at the courses in Prattville. Going to stay a couple of days down there and hit up a couple of the other locations as well. I've played the courses in Huntsville, Birmingham and Gadsden. Has anyone played any of the others? I really want to play Ross Bridge in Hoover.

I played Lakewood in Point Clear two years ago around this time. It was a nice track. I actually played well from the fronts. The course was in great shape. Point Clear is an hidden gem in Alabama. Beautiful there overlooking Mobile Bay.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm absolutely loving this weather. I'm already starting to get back in the spring groove of playing or at least hitting balls every day. This is about 3 weeks earlier than normal. Anyone else been taking advantage of the weather?

Unfortunately no....

I may be able to squeeze in 9 holes Sunday.

My regular group is playing on Sunday AM at Hickory Sticks. Will be chilly when we stick the peg in on #1, but will be approaching 65 when we finish. Sign me up.

This time of year as long as I can stick a tee in the ground it's a blessing. This time last year the ground was so hard you had to get a hammer out just to get a tee in the ground.