2017 Official golf thread

BigVMan23

I'm absolutely loving this weather. I'm already starting to get back in the spring groove of playing or at least hitting balls every day. This is about 3 weeks earlier than normal. Anyone else been taking advantage of the weather?

YES!!! I played the Vineyard last Saturday and Aston Oaks last Sunday. This coming Presidents Day weekend features Stonelick on Saturday, Boone Links on Sunday and Legendary Run on Monday...cannot wait!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do people on here typically play?

All over Greater Cincy and NKY. I love playing different courses. These are the ones I play the most...Legendary Run, Aston Oaks, Sharon Woods, Miami Whitewater, Lassing Pointe, Vineyard, Stonelick Hills, The Mill Course...we are blessed in Greater Cincy with VERY MANY very good public courses.

There's some really dedicated golfers at our local course, Sag Hollow. Yesterday morning at 9:00, with the temperature around 37, there were two guys waiting at the clubhouse door, wearing shorts!

And we have a couple of elderly members who play almost every day. One is 81 and the other is 71. I was walking my dog early one morning a few weeks ago and they were teeing off at one of our par 3's....and the temperature was 36!!! And with a pretty good breeze at that.

They love golf way more than I do.

We've opened our Donald Ross Course. Business is already booming for 2017!

I know many people who have cussed out Donald Ross in his grave after putting his greens:lol2:

I have played a few Donald Ross design courses and they all have tough, undulating greens!

Played 54 holes this three day weekend! Loving the weather! Legendary Run's greens were about as fast as I have seen them today. Just rolled them and they were running faster than in June or July! Stonelick Hills' greens were in mid season form this past Saturday as well...