Frederick Douglass to announce head football coach on Monday

6A just like all other Lexington Public Schools

Why wouldn't at least 1 or 2 Lex high schools be smaller than 6A? I guess it's not about sports, but just look down the road in Louisville with Desales and Christian Academy (CAL), and Fern Creek who have all had recent success (in football anyway). Just seems like an avenue to break through in a way.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't at least 1 or 2 Lex high schools be smaller than 6A? I guess it's not about sports, but just look down the road in Louisville with Desales and Christian Academy (CAL), and Fern Creek who have all had recent success (in football anyway). Just seems like an avenue to break through in a way.

1st CAL is private. Second, there are a ton more schools in Louisville all with Open enrollment. Lexington doesn't have that. They will now have 6 public schools all with a distracted enrollment of 1800 or more. They do have 2 private schools in Lex Cath 3Aand LCA 2A. Also,sports should never be your priority when it comes to enrollment. They are extra curricular activities. They aren't why we have schools.

Looks like it's going to be...Stallions

Stallions? Interesting name but I love the uniforms

Still no reports on the girls team nicknames?
I've got fingers crossed for the Stallionettes!

Or the Stallionitas!

Phillies?

Sounds like they are staying with Stallions.

Sounds like there are some objections to the mascot name: Petition Created Opposing 'Stallions' Mascot For Frederick Douglass High School

I know he wasn't in Lexington; raced at Keeneland, so I guess that counts? Plus the fact that he's a male, so that throws it out the window...but, I'd be changing their colors to Crimson and go w/ "Big Red" after Secretariat.

He retired in Paris at Calumet, right? If I'm Bourbon County; I'm changing to it then if FDHS doesn't.