Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Much Sleep Do You Require?

Featured Replies

I usually get 4-6 hours, but prefer 7 to 7.5 hours. With what I do, if I don't get a lot of sleep, staying awake during the day is practically an impossibility. I sit and doze all day or drink a ton of coffee which keeps me up all night.

 

An occasional Ambien can be your friend. :D

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i require much more than I actually get and it's been that way for going on 25 years now.

Once again Cat taking a thread in the wrong direction.

I've been on PTO for the last couple weeks and have gotten more than 8 several times. The rest of the time, I get a lot less.

I feel sorry for folks with sleeping issues. I can sleep at any time, anywhere, on nearly anything if I so choose. I typically sleep 7 hours per night. Takes me all of 30 seconds to fall asleep.

When I was younger, 5-6 hours was ample. Now in "middle-age" 7-8 hours is the new norm!

I feel sorry for folks with sleeping issues. I can sleep at any time, anywhere, on nearly anything if I so choose. I typically sleep 7 hours per night. Takes me all of 30 seconds to fall asleep.

 

I would consider giving up a limb for this...

Once again Cat taking a thread in the wrong direction.

 

Why did I know that you would go down this path....

I would consider giving up a limb for this...
I get that. Seriously, it's hard for me to relate. I'm thankful.

I'd say five days of the week I get 5 - 6 hours and that's plenty. Then there is usually two times a week where I struggle to go to sleep and dip down to 3.5 - 4. That's really tough without a nap.

 

Speaking of naps, I can go much lower with a good nap every afternoon.

Falling asleep hasn't really ever been my issue. Mine is more that I have the awful ability of waking up at certain noises. If it's a massive thunderstorm outside, I'll sleep right through everything, including tornado sirens, etc.

 

However, if my dog jumps off the bed, I wake up. If my wife gets out of bed to use the bathroom, I wake up at the sound of the light switch going on. It's super annoying and causes me to wake up a good 5-6 times nightly on average.

 

I typically go to bed around 9 during the week, and am up at 5 am. But I'm probably up about 1-2 hours on average between there as well.

 

Weekends I go to bed later, and (at least I used to) get up quite a bit later.

I feel sorry for folks with sleeping issues. I can sleep at any time, anywhere, on nearly anything if I so choose. I typically sleep 7 hours per night. Takes me all of 30 seconds to fall asleep.

 

 

Same here. My wife gets so mad at times. She has to be in bed, totally dark with two pillows. I just woke up from a 15-20er before lunch, sitting in my lazy boy while the ten year old grandson is watching Bill & Ted's Journey. Better than Ambien BTW.

Why did I know that you would go down this path....

 

Because I know her husband?

I'm lucky if I stay asleep 4-5 hours. What's even crazier is I hardly ever feel tired at work and very rarely nap. I'm a light sleeper with tinnitis so I need noise to mask the ringing in order to get any sort of sleep. I've tried many over the counter sleep aids and none of them work. Don't know how long the old carcass can keep this up.

However, if my dog jumps off the bed, I wake up. If my wife gets out of bed to use the bathroom, I wake up at the sound of the light switch going on. It's super annoying and causes me to wake up a good 5-6 times nightly on average.

 

You think the above is bad, wait until the old prostate enlarges. :irked:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.