December 24, 20169 yr The Problem of Whiteness | African Cultural Studies Critical Whiteness Studies aims to understand how whiteness is socially constructed and experienced in order to help dismantle white supremacy. Our class will break away from the standard US-centric frame, and consider how whiteness is constructed globally, with particular attention to paradigmatic cases like South Africa.
December 24, 20169 yr Of course. If you have a problem with it, don't take the class. Bingo. As I have already stated, this class just fosters division.
December 24, 20169 yr Author The Problem of Whiteness | African Cultural Studies Critical Whiteness Studies aims to understand how whiteness is socially constructed and experienced in order to help dismantle white supremacy. Our class will break away from the standard US-centric frame, and consider how whiteness is constructed globally, with particular attention to paradigmatic cases like South Africa. Nothing but vague racial propaganda. Lunacy still rules supreme on a college campus I guess.
December 24, 20169 yr Tax dollars should not be used to promote racial division it's that simple. Not to mention the history of the person teaching the class
December 24, 20169 yr I am a firm believer that liberal college professors share some of the blame for Americas problems. My daughters used to tell me some of the crap and thats the word they used that was being taught. No wonder we are in trouble.
December 24, 20169 yr I'd audit the class to see what it was all about. Maybe then I'd know instead of just guess.
December 24, 20169 yr Generally speaking historically in our culture being white has had its advantages that white people can take for granted, while being of color can have its disadvantages simply for being black that many white people either aren't aware of, or choose to ignore because it's not effecting them. The idea that you can simply flip the words "The problem with whiteness" to "The problem with blackness" disregards that you can't as easily flip reality. If the premise of the course is to make people aware of "taken for granted white entitlement", switching the premise to "taken for granted black entitlement" doesn't follow reality. Sure the course premise of "The problem with blackness" could be a discussion worthy to discuss, yet it would likely have to come from the angle of a suppressed reality. Disregarding the difference is disregarding the reality. I do understand the various arguments that some have presented here regarding their distaste at the idea for such a course, and a displeasure towards a white guilt sentiment, and there's a lot of truth about aiming to move positively forward as a culture, yet for many white folks (or anyone for that matter) it might not hurt in the spirit of moving forward that they are exposed to being conscious of something that they can too easily and have taken for granted. Seeing and acknowledging the problem can be the first step in correcting it. Depending on how the curriculum is presented it might be something that could be very effective and have merit. Not too long ago I was listening to a radio broadcast of a white guy who had experienced a similar type study course which had a tremendously positive effect on making him far more aware of things that he hadn't ever considered before, and he without doubt had seen the benefits that it had had on him. Undoubtedly some will disagree with me, and that's fine and to be expected, but I'll just state now that this is about all that I care to say on the matter and that I'm not interested in getting into an all day or all weekend long heated discussion spawning comments of how I'm a cry baby condescending apologist left-winded elitist nutjob who needs buckets full of play-doh in my safe space. We already know this about me and it would be redundant to state the obvious. [video=youtube;6CmzT4OV-w0]
December 24, 20169 yr To take control of a population you must first take control of the schools and education system to further your propoganda in the minds of the impressionable. That's what the Nazis did. How close the liberal agenda parallels the rise of that group? Makes you wonder what's the endgame? How blind are the supporters who refuse to think on their own but blindly follow with unshakable loyalty?
December 24, 20169 yr To take control of a population you must first take control of the schools and education system to further your propoganda in the minds of the impressionable. That's what the Nazis did. How close the liberal agenda parallels the rise of that group? Makes you wonder what's the endgame? How blind are the supporters who refuse to think on their own but blindly follow with unshakable loyalty? Isn't that what American education did in its beginnings? Painting Native Americans and blacks in caricature?
December 24, 20169 yr Isn't that what American education did in its beginnings? Painting Native Americans and blacks in caricature? Yes, it's been done throughout history. Wasn't right then, isn't right now. So basically we haven't learned a thing. Still trying to program generations to this day.
December 24, 20169 yr I'd audit the class to see what it was all about. Maybe then I'd know instead of just guess. I dont need an audit to figure out stupidity.
December 24, 20169 yr Isn't that what American education did in its beginnings? Painting Native Americans and blacks in caricature? Another point I am unwilling to be held accountable for crimes I have not committed nor have I condoned but condemned just because they were committed by white people in the PAST. In every other instance you see the I refuse to condemn a whole group because of a few. Do I as a white male who has not committed heinous acts but fought against them my entire life not get the same benefit? You can't change the past, you can't predict the future, just don't screw up the present. That's our job. Edited December 24, 20169 yr by Fear the Nation
December 24, 20169 yr We need a class of the problem with Homosexuals. Problem with blackness. Problem with fake Islam. Problem with illegal Latinos. Problem with Liberals. Problem with people who have problem with whites. A class on how to draw Muhammad. All the above is stupid, just like the class mentioned in article.
December 24, 20169 yr We need a class of the problem with Homosexuals. Problem with blackness. Problem with fake Islam. Problem with illegal Latinos. Problem with Liberals. Problem with people who have problem with whites. A class on how to draw Muhammad. All the above is stupid, just like the class mentioned in article. It will fall under the new liberal academic dept. named " How to divide America 101." How long before sensitivity courses are mandatory?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.