Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Problem of......Whiteness?

Featured Replies

This would be funny if not so ridiculous.

 

More divisiveness in America. Just what we need.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another point I am unwilling to be held accountable for crimes I have not committed nor have I condoned but condemned just because they were committed by white people in the PAST. In every other instance you see the I refuse to condemn a whole group because of a few. Do I as a white male who has not committed heinous acts but fought against them my entire life not get the same benefit?

 

You can't change the past, you can't predict the future, just don't screw up the present. That's our job.

 

This time 1,000!!!

I am a firm believer that liberal college professors share some of the blame for Americas problems. My daughters used to tell me some of the crap and thats the word they used that was being taught. No wonder we are in trouble.

 

I beg your pardon!!! You saying I'm one of the liberal bastards whose destroying America? :)

The Problem of Whiteness | African Cultural Studies

 

Critical Whiteness Studies aims to understand how whiteness is socially constructed and experienced in order to help dismantle white supremacy. Our class will break away from the standard US-centric frame, and consider how whiteness is constructed globally, with particular attention to paradigmatic cases like South Africa.

 

Course is clearly way over the heads of its BGP critics.

Course is clearly way over the heads of its BGP critics.

 

Delete

Another point I am unwilling to be held accountable for crimes I have not committed nor have I condoned but condemned just because they were committed by white people in the PAST. In every other instance you see the I refuse to condemn a whole group because of a few. Do I as a white male who has not committed heinous acts but fought against them my entire life not get the same benefit?

 

You can't change the past, you can't predict the future, just don't screw up the present. That's our job.

 

No problem. Wasn't holding you accountable for the past. Just find it interesting that the example often used is Germany when there are plenty of prior American Culture examples and from both the left and right side of the aisle.

No problem. Wasn't holding you accountable for the past. Just find it interesting that the example often used is Germany when there are plenty of prior American Culture examples and from both the left and right side of the aisle.

 

Past, brother in the past.

Course is clearly way over the heads of its BGP critics.

 

I promise you there isn't a Sociology or race and gender class in college that most people could not handle. The least stimulating classes intellectually in college. Ideology driven classes do nothing for critical thinking skills.

I promise you there isn't a Sociology or race and gender class in college that most people could not handle. The least stimulating classes intellectually in college. Ideology driven classes do nothing for critical thinking skills.

 

I don't know if that's totally true.

 

I recall the one Sociology class I took the professor gave me a new perspective on the Russian hold on Eastern Europe. He pointed out that both France and the Nazis used control of Eastern Europe to invade them. Holding on to them as puppet states acted as a buffer to prevent a similar invasion from happening again.

Course is clearly way over the heads of its BGP critics.

 

How can you say that with no evidence to back it up? While I believe that their is more to this class than what appears on the surface, just the name alone promotes racism and segregation. So please enlighten us as to the exact studies of this course and your ability to know it is " over the heads of the BGP critics".

Edited by #99
Misspelled word

I refuse to feel guilty or harness any ill will towards another because of something none of us had a choice in or can do anything about. It's an absurd thought process. The fact that this course exists means the people who created it still see color first. That's on them. They need to deal with their repressed racism. You can't guilt away the past. None of us are responsible for the past. All we can do is keep it moving and act right. You can't get the past back, you can't predict the future, so don't screw up the present.

[ATTACH]59654[/ATTACH]

 

I have a question. Why wasn't a polar bear used for this picture?

I have a question. Why wasn't a polar bear used for this picture?

 

black-white-homo.jpg

 

There we go, equal opportunity.. Lol

I don't know if that's totally true.

 

I recall the one Sociology class I took the professor gave me a new perspective on the Russian hold on Eastern Europe. He pointed out that both France and the Nazis used control of Eastern Europe to invade them. Holding on to them as puppet states acted as a buffer to prevent a similar invasion from happening again.

 

Sounds like a Political Science or History class to me.

Sounds like a Political Science or History class to me.

 

Actually it was a Sociology Class that examined sociological factors for actions by people groups.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.