Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Problem of......Whiteness?

Featured Replies

 

I would say this is biggest reason for the disconnect between Liberal elites on the coast and the middle class. When you are never challenged on your ideology you live in a bubble that everyone agrees with you. Then when you hear philosophy or ideas that differ from yours you are outraged.

 

This can easily and justifiably (IMO) be turned around to say people in the heart of the country are never challenged with different beliefs and are outraged when people from bigger cities disagree with their beliefs.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This can easily and justifiably (IMO) be turned around to say people in the heart of the country are never challenged with different beliefs and are outraged when people from bigger cities disagree with their beliefs.

 

I agree there are some states where this applies. But for the most part the middle of the country is much more diverse in political ideology than the North East and West Coast. Its why Ohio and Florida flip every year or how the Rust Belt was flipped. You are much more likely to meet someone with opposing viewpoint living in NKY , Lexington or Louisville than you are in Los Angeles or NYC, partly out of fear to speak up.

 

Not to mention a large chunk of these voters in Middle America attended Universities where the Liberal viewpoint dominated the classroom . Liberals rarley have their views challenged on campus anymore , they stiffle free speech. I've lived in Detroit and Cleveland not exactly conservative melting pots . But you can talk about difference of opinions. In my travels to the coast and interactions when people find out you are a Republican you get weird looks and little conversation.

No worries, just wondering what the folks that think this way believe to be acceptable.

 

While I can see what life experience can bring to certain areas, I don't think that English is one of them. As far as I'm concerned, he can become well-rounded when he leaves academia.

 

Oddly enough, English was one of my original exceptions that I deleted...having said that, I do believe that having life experience outside the walls still makes for a better rounded instructor.

 

As for becoming well rounded after leaving academia, that's the problem...we need more well rounded instructors while they are in academia...no one gives a 2 dollar bill if they are a well rounded citizen after the fact...the mental corruption is occurring while the college instructor has a fully captive, pseudo imprisoned mind that only the instructor(s) have direct academic influence over.

This can easily and justifiably (IMO) be turned around to say people in the heart of the country are never challenged with different beliefs and are outraged when people from bigger cities disagree with their beliefs.

 

I don't disagree with your premise....the people in the heart of the country were not burning down Omaha or Carbondale when the candidate they backed in the last election didn't win either, so you have to look at that side of the coin and ask yourself why is that....

As for the notion that the topic is too far over the heads of those who might disagree is maybe the most ignorant thing ever posted on this site (and think of that freakin list).

 

Probably one of the most arrogant also.

Well, that course is over my head because I don't speak or understand the language of guilty racist liberal.

The only problem I have with my whiteness is that I don't tan as well as I'd like.

A little more insight about this PhD Candidate.......

 

Just glad to see he is writing about the hard hitting issues faced in America...oh wait, he was writing about East African Hip Hop....and Rachel Dolezal...

 

One tweet is a picture of a CNN breaking news report about police officers being shot in Dallas. "Is the uprising finally starting?" Sajnani said. "Is this style of protest gonna go viral?"

 

Another, from a few weeks later, is in response to former U.S. attorney general Eric Holder: "No @EricHolder it is not true that an attack on a police officer anywhere is an attack on all of us, since they DO NOT equally protect us all."

 

Sajnani didn't immediately return messages seeking comment Tuesday. He is a PhD candidate in Northwestern University's African American studies Department, according to Northwestern. He has published papers on Rachel Dolezal, a former president of the NAACP chapter in Spokane, Wash., who was outed as not being black. He also has written about East African hip-hop and Canadian abolition.

^ Should that be a requirement to be a college professor? If so, in any field, or specific areas?

 

900 years ago when I was taking secondary education courses pursuing a teaching certificate at a large metropolitan University as I recall only 1 of my professors had an actual experience teaching in a high school. That's ludicrous. Theory and practice, particularly in that field, are worlds apart. So yes, as far as I'm concerned professors of education should have experience teaching in a high school

So is this fair?

[ATTACH]59697[/ATTACH]

 

Tell Angry White Woman she left off the NFL and NBA.

Tell Angry White Woman she left off the NFL and NBA.

 

Don't know angry white woman..lol . I don't like her tone so much either. The only thing I can get out of that is there are alot of agencies to help vilify white people of being white. I may be wrong but those agencies aren't created to help anyone unless you fit into their target demographics.

So is this fair?

[ATTACH]59697[/ATTACH]

 

White People have:

 

The federal government

State government

Local government

Law enforcement at all levels

Wall Street

The Federal Reserve

ALEC

IRS

Get The White House back on January 20

 

ABC(Thank you for black-ish)

Fox

NBC(Thank you for The Cosby Show &A Different World)

CBS

PBS

ESPN

CMT

VH-1

Well...pretty much every television channel except for BET

MLB

Golf

Tennis

At one point the Olympics(thank you Jesse Owens and the desire to win gold medals with the best athletes on the planet)

All Fortune 500 companies

New York Stock Exchange

NASDAQ

All colleges and universities except for the HBCUs

Skull and Crossbones

Illuminati

New World Order

Fraternities and sororities

KKK

 

oh and privilege. Can't forget privilege.

Don't know angry white woman..lol . I don't like her tone so much either. The only thing I can get out of that is there are alot of agencies to help vilify white people of being white. I may be wrong but those agencies aren't created to help anyone unless you fit into their target demographics.

 

Yeah you're wrong. Those agencies were created because there wasn't an agency to help those affected people or give those people a voice. Those agencies don't vilify white people but if you and other white people want to believe that they do then be my guest. #MAGA

 

BET...:lol2:

 

I'll never understand why white people are so mad about Martin and Good Times reruns.

Yeah you're wrong. Those agencies were created because there wasn't an agency to help those affected people or give those people a voice. Those agencies don't vilify white people but if you and other white people want to believe that they do then be my guest. #MAGA

 

BET...:lol2:

 

I'll never understand why white people are so mad about Martin and Good Times reruns.

 

I think just like unions these agencies have had a time in history that they were necessary. In todays world which is a world apart from 50-60 years ago, are all of them neccessary or are they now a conduit for division and white racism. I think that's how they are viewed somewhat.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.