Courier Journal All-State Team

JCVD

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proud of my son Micah Brimer for making honorable mention defensive lineman. He is my last son to play for the Cardinals. He is the smallest of the bunch who surprised a lot of bigger guys across from him. I know his mother was watching over him this year.

There are no words to express the respect and admiration I have for your boys. Them Brimer boys are the embodiment of everything MF football stands for and are examples of exactly why I love my Cardinals. Please let them know how much this community appreciates them. You have every right to be very proud. Congratulations!

Proud of my son Micah Brimer for making honorable mention defensive lineman. He is my last son to play for the Cardinals. He is the smallest of the bunch who surprised a lot of bigger guys across from him. I know his mother was watching over him this year.

I know she is smiling down, congrats!

Anyone have some stats for the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Team Punters?

I'll try to find the exact stats for Devonta Guillory from John Hardin who was the 1st team punter (arguably could have also been 1st team kicker as well), but I have something better.

As the saying goes; "The eye in the sky doesn't lie." This is a highlight that's probably 80-90% just 2016 alone, and only from about half the season. The second clip is a punt from Meade County that it looks like he hasn't put into his complete highlight yet.

@TackleTrap as well as some others who saw him in person......the kid is something special to say the least.

Devonta Guillory - Hudl

Devonta Guillory - Hudl

If it takes you just to the page, the 1st highlight you'll see is from this basketball season so far. The 2nd from Meade County (the definition of a flip the field punt), and the 3rd is his 2015-2016 highlight that is the majority of just this season...and, only half of it at that.

The Brimer boys were the kind of players we love at Mayfield tough and smart. Plus a shout out to their Alabama roots.

Congrats to the Arnett boys, loved watching you all come up from the 4th grade on, you took us on a great ride.

Congrats to Trajon Bright, special player, you will be missed.

Congrats to Devin Jeffries, you have turned out to be a special player.

1. Shame on coaches for not taking part in this voting. All it takes is an email and the % of voters is about equal to a non-Presidential election in KY>

2. IMO, the C-J did a great job of shaping the team into one of the best representations of the quality players in KY that we have seen in any All-State team in the last decade.

3. H-L should do a bit better research. There are always going to be omissions, but the gap between some players on the list compared to some that are not is as wide as the Grand Canyon. If you are not going to be a state wide coverage organization, do not try to put together a state wide "Class of the Commonwealth"