Courier Journal All-State Team

JCVD

Wood won it because he is a damn good football player. If Wood went to Trinity and Blackburn went to Lafayette you'd be preaching about how Wood is the best QB in the state. I am glad you admit your bias and I respect that a ton. I have my own biases and I am not ashamed of them either.

I'll take Morgan.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to find the exact stats for Devonta Guillory from John Hardin who was the 1st team punter (arguably could have also been 1st team kicker as well), but I have something better.

As the saying goes; "The eye in the sky doesn't lie." This is a highlight that's probably 80-90% just 2016 alone, and only from about half the season. The second clip is a punt from Meade County that it looks like he hasn't put into his complete highlight yet.

@TackleTrap as well as some others who saw him in person......the kid is something special to say the least.

Devonta Guillory - Hudl

Devonta Guillory - Hudl

If it takes you just to the page, the 1st highlight you'll see is from this basketball season so far. The 2nd from Meade County (the definition of a flip the field punt), and the 3rd is his 2015-2016 highlight that is the majority of just this season...and, only half of it at that.

Obviously I'm a little biased towards NewCath's Trent Wrobleski, I'd just like to compare numbers between them.

I NEVER saw any of those that made 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Team, and CONGRATS to them.

Trent Wrobleski (NewCath) by the numbers

32 punts - 1311 yards (40.9 avg.)

11/32 punts downed inside the 20

12/32 punts for 50 or more yards

50-50-51-52-52-53-55-58-59-59-60-60

.....and hang-times that lasted the length of a @B-Ball-fan post. :lol2:

Did anyone make the list on both sides of the ball? Is that even allowed?

I believe Horton of Belfry did.
Horton plays very little offense, only comes in as a 2nd tight end in critical short yardage situations.

Bentley could have made it on both sides of the ball if they had wanted to go that way. He will play OL at the next level, and that is where his recognition comes from, but he was a true warrior playing DL very well too. He has been a once in a generation type of talent for the Pirates.

There are no words to express the respect and admiration I have for your boys. Them Brimer boys are the embodiment of everything MF football stands for and are examples of exactly why I love my Cardinals. Please let them know how much this community appreciates them. You have every right to be very proud. Congratulations!

Thank you so much. Your words mean so much to me.

I'll try to find the exact stats for Devonta Guillory from John Hardin who was the 1st team punter (arguably could have also been 1st team kicker as well), but I have something better.

As the saying goes; "The eye in the sky doesn't lie." This is a highlight that's probably 80-90% just 2016 alone, and only from about half the season. The second clip is a punt from Meade County that it looks like he hasn't put into his complete highlight yet.

@TackleTrap as well as some others who saw him in person......the kid is something special to say the least.

Devonta Guillory - Hudl

Devonta Guillory - Hudl

If it takes you just to the page, the 1st highlight you'll see is from this basketball season so far. The 2nd from Meade County (the definition of a flip the field punt), and the 3rd is his 2015-2016 highlight that is the majority of just this season...and, only half of it at that.

Plus he threw a TD pass against FS in the semifinals. Made a good play after a bad snap. I was impressed with how he handled that play, a lot of high school players might have panicked and turned it over in that situation