Strong to WKU?

dawgs83

As long as they win, I don't care if it's 20-14 style or 28-3. Seeing wild west shoot outs and 4+ hour games have their own set of draw backs IMO.

Then again, I'm also from the school that still thinks teams taking the bulk (or half of their snaps) from under center, huddling up, using multiple tight ends and/or two backs etc doesn't mean that you are a clueless-neanderthal that has no clue how to coach offense.

Texas was showing flash on offense. They lost as many games scoring 30-40+ points this year as they did scoring 21 or less (well, almost. Lost three scoring 31-43 points and four when scoring 21 or less). They averaged 32/game even w/ their last game of the year scoring 9 after he had already been fired.

I would think his buy out from Texas may prevent this. Doesn't he stand to make more money not coaching than the 800K Brohm was making in salary at WKU?

I'd assume Strong gets the money whether he's employed next season or not, and Texas would get a credit for the $800K from WKU (in your scenario).

Strong is owed $430,000 per month for the next 26 months from Texas. He is expected to make a reasonable effort to gain employment. If he is hired Texas would be relieved of 50% of his new contract.

What would be the best move for him to get paid by Texas the most then?

If I was him id take every possible cent from them.