Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Flag- Burning - Your Views ???

Featured Replies

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate it.

 

You should be allowed to do it.

 

And it makes it easy for the Government to know who belongs on the list.

 

Hate to see it but absolutely should be legal.

 

I think it's silly he said that. I think it's even more silly if you do it. It's legal and that's the way it should be, but I will still think you are a jerk for doing it. Why would you want to live in a nation that you disrespect so much that you want to burn something that represents it?

 

That best sums up my feelings.

 

It's incredibly disrespectful, and if you do it don't be surprised if folks try to stop you. To many it's a symbol of OUR nation.

 

Our country allows folks to spew verbal garbage from their mouths, but not without responsibility for what is being spewed. In a free society it's just one of those situations that we have to deal with. I'd much rather live in a country that allows folks to voice opinions, even those I disagree with, than be jailed or eliminated for saying it.

 

Agree with all of this.

Disrespectful, but I just consider the source as a wacko and move on.

The way I look at it, is if you don't have enough respect for this country to not burn it's flag, you are part of the problem. I would work up a policy similar to how a misdemeanor becomes a felony after several offenses for natural born citizens. For immigrants, I would just revoke their citizenship after their first flag burning since they clearly don't want to be here anyway.

The way I look at it, is if you don't have enough respect for this country to not burn it's flag, you are part of the problem. I would work up a policy similar to how a misdemeanor becomes a felony after several offenses for natural born citizens. For immigrants, I would just revoke their citizenship after their first flag burning since they clearly don't want to be here anyway.

That sounds pretty fair to me, because if you hate it so much why would you want to be here?

I realize it is a fine line between freedom of speech and government censorship, but our flag is the symbol of freedom that our grandfathers, fathers, and sons have given their lives to protect our rights. I really believe most of these idiots doing it are just doing it for publicity rather than a firm belief and a monetary fine would change their minds anyway.

You have the right to do it, and I think if someone punches you in the face when you do it, you earned it :D

Seriously, at this point why should we still be mentioning Hillary?

 

She is participating in a recount currently, right?

She is participating in a recount currently, right?

 

To be honest, I don't think she know's what she's doing at this point. A recount sounds appropriate for her general agenda though.

SCOTUS has said it is protected and I'll defer to them. That doesn't mean it doesn't make me mad when I see ANYONE do it for any reason. If they got arrested for public nuisance, disturbing the peace, setting a fire during a Burn Ban or any other charge that could be legally presented, it would not bother me in the least.

I'm a free speech kinda guy, as you all know, and that comes first. But I also come from a family that has always answered the call of duty. I come from the camp that a flag should only be burned in a properly reverent disposal ceremony, once it is old and worn out. And those of you who know me well know that I am generally pretty darned irreverent.

 

As you can see, this topic conflicts me greatly.

She is participating in a recount currently, right?

 

Do you think she will win? :lol2: :lol2:

 

Come on now, la. :lol2:

Do you think she will win? :lol2: :lol2:

 

Come on now, la. :lol2:

 

We are less than one month removed from the election so yes, I think her position is still worth mentioning.

As i have said before its a form of domestic terrorism IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.