Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Flag- Burning - Your Views ???

Featured Replies

How do you feel about the controversial subject of burning the American flag? The President-Elect thinks a year in jail and revocation of American citizenship is in order.

 

What do you think? Should I lose my citizenship if I burn the flag?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it.

 

You should be allowed to do it.

 

And it makes it easy for the Government to know who belongs on the list.

Hate to see it but absolutely should be legal.

I think it's silly he said that. I think it's even more silly if you do it. It's legal and that's the way it should be, but I will still think you are a jerk for doing it. Why would you want to live in a nation that you disrespect so much that you want to burn something that represents it?

How do you feel about the controversial subject of burning the American flag? The President-Elect thinks a year in jail and revocation of American citizenship is in order.

 

What do you think? Should I lose my citizenship if I burn the flag?

I think the overwhelming majority of people are not in agreement with the President Elect on this one. As silly as burning the flag is.
How do you feel about the controversial subject of burning the American flag? The President-Elect thinks a year in jail and revocation of American citizenship is in order.

 

What do you think? Should I lose my citizenship if I burn the flag?

 

Just so everyone knows, Hillary Clinton was for punishment by fine and a year in jail.

 

Hillary Clinton Sponsored a Bill to Punish Flag Burning? : snopes.com

A year is a bit harsh, but I'm OK with being arrested and fined. OK to protest, but not disrespect the flag.

If people know the rules and break them, than punishments are OK.

This was a dumb statement. It should be legal. But if you do it we could never be friends nor do I think you are a serious person with any real substance. If you bur the flag you are a horrible person. But all speech should be legal whether you're the KKK or some anarchist burning a flag.

 

I would love to see the overlap of college students calling for peers to be expelled for writing " Trump 2016" with chalk on sidewalks and those outaged by this statement.

I think it's silly he said that. I think it's even more silly if you do it. It's legal and that's the way it should be, but I will still think you are a jerk for doing it. Why would you want to live in a nation that you disrespect so much that you want to burn something that represents it?

 

That best sums up my feelings.

It's incredibly disrespectful, and if you do it don't be surprised if folks try to stop you. To many it's a symbol of OUR nation.

 

Our country allows folks to spew verbal garbage from their mouths, but not without responsibility for what is being spewed. In a free society it's just one of those situations that we have to deal with. I'd much rather live in a country that allows folks to voice opinions, even those I disagree with, than be jailed or eliminated for saying it.

  • Author

Kinda off topic a bit, but I have a colleague who refuses to stand for the national anthem or pledge allegiance to the flag. He usually just sits silentlywith head bowed. Some in our department think his behavior is silly but we all like the man a lot. He is a very strong Christian who says his only allegiance is to his God, not a country or its symbols. He would not be one to ever burn the flag but I doubt his passions would be raised if he saw someone doing it. Now, burning a symbol of his Christian faith, that might raise his ire a bit.

Kinda off topic a bit, but I have a colleague who refuses to stand for the national anthem or pledge allegiance to the flag. He usually just sits silentlywith head bowed. Some in our department think his behavior is silly but we all like the man a lot. He is a very strong Christian who says his only allegiance is to his God, not a country or its symbols. He would not be one to ever burn the flag but I doubt his passions would be raised if he saw someone doing it. Now, burning a symbol of his Christian faith, that might raise his ire a bit.

 

I remember in the early 60s we were told if we did not want to say the pledge, we could either sit or stand silently. I don't remember anybody going nuts over it. I remember only one kid that stood but would not recite..... we still played football together at recess.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.