Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

With Louisiana Tech Losing...

Featured Replies

..to Southern Miss last night, and a potential WKU win over Marshall later tonight; that means WKU (could) will host the C-USA Championship again next weekend.

 

Has anybody heard how that will once again effect the state finals schedule for next week?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go HERD! In all seriousness, I believe with WKU now in a conference that doesn't have a neutral site for their championship it's time to explore other options. With a win, there will be another alternate schedule for championship weekend. What that may be will be determined by CUSA and media. If the championship is at 11am or noon like last season, I could see the same format as last year. Anything later in the day, don't see how they could play any HS game on Saturday.

I love WKU and pull for them every week, but that sucks. I hoped LaTech would win and the conference championship would be at their place. Now I am in the position of maybe having to cheer for Marshall over WKU.

KHSAA said times will be announced tonight after WKU game.

  • Author

Go Tops. Love BG and all about it. But if WKU wins, and I hope they do..it's time to move this show to Lexington, and I've been the biggest fan ever of these things being played at WKU.

I believe if WKU wins the 4A game will be at 3:00 Sunday.

I'm guessing they would move one of the Friday games (either 1A or 4A) to Thursday night and move the other one to Sunday, much like last year.

Kentucky is interested in hosting now that they have turf. Definitely wouldn't be any scheduling conflicts there. Yes I know it's not as "intimate" but playing in Papa Johns wasn't either and it didn't take away from how special playing in the state championship was. The KHSAA could sell ads to put in the upper deck and only use the lower bowl to help offset the size of the stadium. Plus for my selfish reasons I would be able to go for the first time as a spectator in 15 years.

As long as 3A plays either on Saturday night or early Sunday I can live with it... a weekday game or a late Sunday and I am officially upset

I thought that 1 of the reasons that the finals were moved to BG was because of the smaller, more intimate atmosphere? I know another reason was because UofL couldn't guarantee the first weekend in December to have PJCS available (don't know how that is true since they play UK on thanksgiving weekend. Commonwealth Stadium is bigger than PJCS now, but won't be once the expansion is done at PJCS. I wish the KHSAA would just come out and say that they want the State Championships in Lexington.

If they move the 1A game to Thursday night again, it is proof the KHSAA only cares about money. It isn't fair to make 1A play two years in a row on Thursday night.

 

UK is not a good stadium for the high school championships. The choice is between Western or Eastern. Eastern now has turf and visitor side seating which makes it a viable option. If there is no risk of the schedule changing at Eastern, then I would rather play at Eastern.

  • Author
If they move the 1A game to Thursday night again, it is proof the KHSAA only cares about money. It isn't fair to make 1A play two years in a row on Thursday night.

 

UK is not a good stadium for the high school championships. The choice is between Western or Eastern. Eastern now has turf and visitor side seating which makes it a viable option. If there is no risk of the schedule changing at Eastern, then I would rather play at Eastern.

 

Risk of this happening at EKU as well with them being D1 FCS (formerly known as 1-AA), and being part of a full blown 16 team playoff system where games aren't played at neutral sites until the title game.

Games are already spread out over 3 days...all they have to do is push the 2 Saturday games back to 5pm and 8pm and let WKU play at noon.

 

Friday games then played at noon and 3 to give the field to visitors for walk through Friday afternoon.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.