With Louisiana Tech Losing...

Harry Doyle

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Go HERD! In all seriousness, I believe with WKU now in a conference that doesn't have a neutral site for their championship it's time to explore other options. With a win, there will be another alternate schedule for championship weekend. What that may be will be determined by CUSA and media. If the championship is at 11am or noon like last season, I could see the same format as last year. Anything later in the day, don't see how they could play any HS game on Saturday.

Kentucky is interested in hosting now that they have turf. Definitely wouldn't be any scheduling conflicts there. Yes I know it's not as "intimate" but playing in Papa Johns wasn't either and it didn't take away from how special playing in the state championship was. The KHSAA could sell ads to put in the upper deck and only use the lower bowl to help offset the size of the stadium. Plus for my selfish reasons I would be able to go for the first time as a spectator in 15 years.

I thought that 1 of the reasons that the finals were moved to BG was because of the smaller, more intimate atmosphere? I know another reason was because UofL couldn't guarantee the first weekend in December to have PJCS available (don't know how that is true since they play UK on thanksgiving weekend. Commonwealth Stadium is bigger than PJCS now, but won't be once the expansion is done at PJCS. I wish the KHSAA would just come out and say that they want the State Championships in Lexington.

If they move the 1A game to Thursday night again, it is proof the KHSAA only cares about money. It isn't fair to make 1A play two years in a row on Thursday night.

UK is not a good stadium for the high school championships. The choice is between Western or Eastern. Eastern now has turf and visitor side seating which makes it a viable option. If there is no risk of the schedule changing at Eastern, then I would rather play at Eastern.

If they move the 1A game to Thursday night again, it is proof the KHSAA only cares about money. It isn't fair to make 1A play two years in a row on Thursday night.

UK is not a good stadium for the high school championships. The choice is between Western or Eastern. Eastern now has turf and visitor side seating which makes it a viable option. If there is no risk of the schedule changing at Eastern, then I would rather play at Eastern.

Risk of this happening at EKU as well with them being D1 FCS (formerly known as 1-AA), and being part of a full blown 16 team playoff system where games aren't played at neutral sites until the title game.

Games are already spread out over 3 days...all they have to do is push the 2 Saturday games back to 5pm and 8pm and let WKU play at noon.

Friday games then played at noon and 3 to give the field to visitors for walk through Friday afternoon.

Edited by Jumper_Dad