With Louisiana Tech Losing...

Harry Doyle

Think you meant 2 Friday...

No. Didn't play on Friday last year because TV has to set up and college teams practice. Saturday start times were 6 & 9 pm eastern, after the college game was finished. It will most certainly be the same this year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you meant 2 Friday...

No games were played on Friday last year. Friday Southern Miss was allotted 3 1/2 to 4 hours for practice. WKU the same and then ESPN and CUSA took over for TV and CUSA vendor etc set up. If the games is at WKU this year with a 11:30 12:00 start time i see the KHSAA doing similar to last year.

Question I have is has anyone heard or seen ESPN conference championship schedule for next Saturday??

Games are already spread out over 3 days...all they have to do is push the 2 Saturday games back to 5pm and 8pm and let WKU play at noon.

Friday games then played at noon and 3 to give the field to visitors for walk through Friday afternoon.

Nobody can play on the field on Friday. The college teams have use of the field that day.

Asked and answered, maybe I should have read the rest of the thread before responding, lol

If you play the games at UK it would be like a funeral. The atmosphere would be so bad with 4 or 5 thousand at some of those games it would be real real bad. I say play the Class A and AA at Gtown would be a great atmosphere. Do it on a Friday and let the rest play at EKU. But that would make the KHSAA earn their pay check and they will never go for that. If you do it that way at least they would be close so people could go to Richmond after the Friday night games. I hear EKU is going to build another side to their stadium.

I thought that 1 of the reasons that the finals were moved to BG was because of the smaller, more intimate atmosphere? I know another reason was because UofL couldn't guarantee the first weekend in December to have PJCS available (don't know how that is true since they play UK on thanksgiving weekend. Commonwealth Stadium is bigger than PJCS now, but won't be once the expansion is done at PJCS. I wish the KHSAA would just come out and say that they want the State Championships in Lexington.

It was true in the Big East. Now that they're in the ACC, Cardinal Stadium will always be open that weekend.

Oh and by the way WKU with Russell athletics has the exclusive rights to host KHSAA Russell Athletic Gridiron Bowl through 2018. So like it or not we have to deal with it until 2018 when they rebid the state finals. The Money and Sponsorship talks.

No. Didn't play on Friday last year because TV has to set up and college teams practice. Saturday start times were 6 & 9 pm eastern, after the college game was finished. It will most certainly be the same this year.

No games were played on Friday last year. Friday Southern Miss was allotted 3 1/2 to 4 hours for practice. WKU the same and then ESPN and CUSA took over for TV and CUSA vendor etc set up. If the games is at WKU this year with a 11:30 12:00 start time i see the KHSAA doing similar to last year.

Question I have is has anyone heard or seen ESPN conference championship schedule for next Saturday??

Thanks for the correction fellas. I really did think they were on Friday last year. And I really do want some on Friday this year since I'll be out of town on Saturday....😡