November 25, 20169 yr I didn't see the game, but noticed the Cards blew a 15 point halftime lead. What happened?
November 25, 20169 yr Rick switched from man in the first half to zone in the second. That's what happened.
November 26, 20169 yr Author Rick switched from man in the first half to zone in the second. That's what happened. Why? Were the Cards in foul trouble?
November 26, 20169 yr Why? Were the Cards in foul trouble? No. He was throwing the game. Last time we lost the championship game in Atlantis was '12-'13.
November 26, 20169 yr Louisville looked like the 2013 team for the first 30 minutes and Asbury the last 10 minutes.
November 26, 20169 yr No. He was throwing the game. Last time we lost the championship game in Atlantis was '12-'13. I hate it when he pulls stuff like this. November/December every year it's the same. Endless experimentation. It's hard for me to question it given that he's won a title and been to three Final Fours here, but everything that happens before mid-January is constantly befuddling.
November 26, 20169 yr I hate it when he pulls stuff like this. November/December every year it's the same. Endless experimentation. It's hard for me to question it given that he's won a title and been to three Final Fours here, but everything that happens before mid-January is constantly befuddling. Yep. This one is squarely on Pitino, but as you said, this is what he does. I seriously think he does this on purpose every year.
November 26, 20169 yr I hate it when he pulls stuff like this. November/December every year it's the same. Endless experimentation. It's hard for me to question it given that he's won a title and been to three Final Fours here, but everything that happens before mid-January is constantly befuddling. Crum used to do the same thing. There was always a head scratching loss or two in December. I never understood it then either.
November 26, 20169 yr What were Pitino's comments about the game afterward? Said it was his fault. Fatigue won out in the end and he needs to have more confidence in his bench.
November 26, 20169 yr Yea this one is definitely Ricks fault. Watched most of the game, he did nothing to stop it, but everything to blow it.
November 27, 20169 yr At the end of the day, Rick knows the loss means nothing and that it will serve as a teaching lesson to get the attention of this very raw group of kids. I don't think he TRIED to lose the game, but I definitely think he left them swimming in the deep end of the pool to see if they could handle it. Between now and March, he'll make sure they know how to swim.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.