Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Politics are UGLY!

Featured Replies

It's a shame the way politics could possibly ruin relationships between members of this site. I for one DON'T care what your political leanings are, you're all still good with me.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a shame the way politics could possibly ruin relationships between members of this site. I for one DON'T care what your political leanings are, you're all still good with me.

 

Speaking for myself I maintain all of the relationships I have with people that I meet and share a mutual respect with. As much as I disagree with pretty much everything @mountain ref @Jesse James @capt278 @Run To State and @Bluegrasscard have to say politically whenever I see them it is always love and mutual respect. I feel like our friendships and respect go way beyond politics. Politics is ugly for sure but I feel like we are able to see each other for the people we are despite our political leanings.

Speaking for myself I maintain all of the relationships I have with people that I meet and share a mutual respect with. As much as I disagree with pretty much everything @mountain ref @Jesse James @capt278 @Run To State and @Bluegrasscard have to say politically whenever I see them it is always love and mutual respect. I feel like our friendships and respect go way beyond politics. Politics is ugly for sure but I feel like we are able to see each other for the people we are despite our political leanings.

 

Absolutely! Your political leanings really mean nothing to me as a gauge of who you are, it's a very small sampling of who you are. The person I've come to know is far more important to me than how you feel politically, and you're one hell of a great guy! I feel this way about many BGPers I disagree with politically.

I liked it when this forum was shut down. Moth-to-the-flame syndrome sometimes.

Speaking for myself I maintain all of the relationships I have with people that I meet and share a mutual respect with. As much as I disagree with pretty much everything @mountain ref @Jesse James @capt278 @Run To State and @Bluegrasscard have to say politically whenever I see them it is always love and mutual respect. I feel like our friendships and respect go way beyond politics. Politics is ugly for sure but I feel like we are able to see each other for the people we are despite our political leanings.

 

This is exactly how I feel. I only know a couple of people on here, you being one PP92. The way one leans politically is just a minute part of a person. You are a great guy with a great family. My only complaint is I don't get to see you as much as I would like. Much respect to you.

Speaking for myself I maintain all of the relationships I have with people that I meet and share a mutual respect with. As much as I disagree with pretty much everything @mountain ref @Jesse James @capt278 @Run To State and @Bluegrasscard have to say politically whenever I see them it is always love and mutual respect. I feel like our friendships and respect go way beyond politics. Politics is ugly for sure but I feel like we are able to see each other for the people we are despite our political leanings.

 

This. :thumb:

 

While I've only met RTS of the ones you mentioned (great guy), I'm absolutely looking forward to the day @mountain ref and I can finally meet. I think he and I will get along very well. I also think @capt278 and I would find we see eye to eye on more things than either of us would realize. Same goes for @Bluegrasscard as well.

 

And even though he has no respect for me, I'd enjoy having a beer with @Jesse James.

I liked it when this forum was shut down. Moth-to-the-flame syndrome sometimes.

 

Out of curiosity, I wonder who has posted the most/started the most threads since the forum's return. Say, the top ten.

 

I'll admit that I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers. I did enough of that before I retired nearly a decade ago.

This. :thumb:

 

While I've only met RTS of the ones you mentioned (great guy), I'm absolutely looking forward to the day @mountain ref and I can finally meet. I think he and I will get along very well. I also think @capt278 and I would find we see eye to eye on more things than either of us would realize. Same goes for @Bluegrasscard as well.

 

And even though he has no respect for me, I'd enjoy having a beer with @Jesse James.

 

It's simply the nature of being human beings. We all have a lot more in common that we realize from just posting on a website. Most of my social friends are to the right of Mussolini, but we're buds.

 

There isn't a member on here that I wouldn't enjoy sitting down and having a cuppa with.

 

Well, except for that Parker kid. He's too little.

If only the rest of the country had the civility that exists on BGP.

Out of curiosity, I wonder who has posted the most/started the most threads since the forum's return. Say, the top ten.

 

I'll admit that I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers. I did enough of that before I retired nearly a decade ago.

 

That's not even close.

Also, I don't like any of you all regardless of your political affiliation, so...

Also, I don't like any of you all regardless of your political affiliation, so...

 

With an avatar like you have.......................:lol2:

I have no ill will toward anyone. I know PP92 and he is a great guy. Would do anything for him and I mean that. @UKMustangFan I was just messing with you. I can respect anyone who stands up for what they believe. Alot of the rest I have not met, but would love to.

 

We all want whats best for our country, we just have a different view of how to get there. At least everyone cares or they would not be on here talking about it. There are alot that dont care. I will say this, if everyone cared as much as this group we would be in much better shape as a country.

That's not even close.

 

I am the winner. But just so much good stuff...lol.

When I finally meet the ones on here I disagree with, the last thing I want to talk about is stupid politics. I will never dislike someone for thinking different than me, hell it keeps me balanced and thinking. With that said, GO TRUMP you liberal socialist scumbags. (JK):lol:

There that is my first emogi I have ever used.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.