Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big Ben needs surgery

Featured Replies

To repair a torn meniscus. He will obviously miss several weeks, specific timetable unknown.

The Steelers will never have a full, healthy team. Ever.

Does any team in the NFL ever have a fully healthy team?

 

Maybe. I don't pay attention to all other teams like I do the Steelers. They rarely have all 22 starters for a game, and I was also referring to Martavis Bryant being an idiot and smoking too much weed.

I'd ballpark about six (6) weeks.

 

Everyone is different. If he heals well, 4-5 weeks. If not then 6-8. Everyone is different and the meniscus is a fickle tear.

  • Author
Hopefully Metzenger will take over. I hope I spelled it right.

 

Why wouldn't Landry Jones take over?

Reading tweets from the Pitt reporter and it sounds like it could be as short as one week (plus the bye) or as bad as season-ending, depending what they find/have to do.

Seems the Dr who read the MRI said 1-3 weeks likely. Only a clean out, not a repair. Who knows? My guess is you'll see him week 10.

I feel his pain...literally. A torn meniscus sucks. I would guess he's out for one month.

I don't have to look at the schedule to assume they will play the Ravens during the stretch he is out. Somehow the Ravens always play the Steelers when Big Ben is out. Then sure enough he definitely will be back by the Bengals game because he has never missed a Bengals start.

This ones on me @TheDeuce & @spindoc.

 

Saturday, we were walking from one brewery to the next and the guy with Big Ben in our league was bragging about how late he was able to get Big Ben because most of us are Bengals fans (he likes the Bears). I told him it wasn't because I was a Bengals fan, its because Big Ben misses 3-4 games a year.

 

My fault.

Ah, just the way things go. One week you think you're gonna win the next 7 in a row. Next week you realize that your team is average at best.

I hate the Steelers and I hate Big Ben. But I hate even more seeing great players go down. I want my team to beat the others teams at their best.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.