Cats Pause 10th Region Player Rankings

Smart player, can score it, also can guard at a high level. Good court vision. Tough kid. Colleges love her. Louisville was just in a week ago to watch her practice and raved about her. Keep in mind Louisville is a Top 5 program in America now. She can play. Played against the best players in America all summer( top D1 kids) and fit right in with the best of the best. People need to get out more. :)

I tell parents all the time you cant compare kids on a national level from High School. Had a parent tell me that her kid was better than this other kid cause her kid scored 20 points in a game and the other kid(major D1) only scored 15. There is a reason alot are not college recruiters. Just saying. Same on the boys side. Unless you watch these kids all the time and watch them play on a national level you will struggle evaluating. Here is a easy way to figure it. Can a player guard their position at a BCS school? If not they cant play that level. Can they guard their position at a mid major level? If not they cant play there. Get my point and right down the line.

Was just talking to someone the other day and they mentioned the biggest obstacle for many kids is the level of defense that is expected at that level. Many kids are athletic and can score, but many don't have the heart to play D at that level.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just talking to someone the other day and they mentioned the biggest obstacle for many kids is the level of defense that is expected at that level. Many kids are athletic and can score, but many don't have the heart to play D at that level.

Also to be conditioned to play at that level. You gotta be in condition to guard a high level athlete for 40 minutes as well as required to contribute offensively. Players in todays world need at the bare minimum to be able to play two positions if not three and guard those positions. Now that puts alot out right there.

Parents just need to feel blessed if your kid gets a full ride, where it be D1, D2, NAIA. Not only does your kid have to beat out the best in the USA, now they have to beat out all the players in the world for those scholarships as everyone is recruiting International now.

Also to be conditioned to play at that level. You gotta be in condition to guard a high level athlete for 40 minutes as well as required to contribute offensively. Players in todays world need at the bare minimum to be able to play two positions if not three and guard those positions. Now that puts alot out right there.

Parents just need to feel blessed if your kid gets a full ride, where it be D1, D2, NAIA. Not only does your kid have to beat out the best in the USA, now they have to beat out all the players in the world for those scholarships as everyone is recruiting International now.

Thanks JJ for your nonbiased input. Should help when saying a player should be higher or lower. Need to look at the whole package.

Also UK is interested in Igo too. I would diffently rank her higher

UK Louisville Indiana Maryland Butler Vandy NKU Xavier Cincinnati Georgia WKU Wisconsin Purdue ETC. I could go on and on with this kid.

UK had her in their locker room several times last year before the games and after. She is a major target in the 2020 class.

Why I would put GRC right up to win the region.

Smart player, can score it, also can guard at a high level. Good court vision. Tough kid. Colleges love her. Louisville was just in a week ago to watch her practice and raved about her. Keep in mind Louisville is a Top 5 program in America now. She can play. Played against the best players in America all summer( top D1 kids) and fit right in with the best of the best. People need to get out more. :)

I tell parents all the time you cant compare kids on a national level from High School. Had a parent tell me that her kid was better than this other kid cause her kid scored 20 points in a game and the other kid(major D1) only scored 15. There is a reason alot are not college recruiters. Just saying. Same on the boys side. Unless you watch these kids all the time and watch them play on a national level you will struggle evaluating. Here is a easy way to figure it. Can a player guard their position at a BCS school? If not they cant play that level. Can they guard their position at a mid major level? If not they cant play there. Get my point and right down the line.

Just so I understand your thinking on this if a player is matched up directly with the other player, i.e. they're guarding each other, and the lesser ranked player (not getting slobbered on by UofL, uk, etc.) shuts the other one down. The so-called great player can't score or get by her on offense, and the other player blows by the so-called great player on every possession, albeit, she may end up with 5-7 assists instead of scoring each time. Then the one being slobbered on by UofL, uk, etc. shouldn't be getting slobbered on right and the other player should be getting slobbered on for recruiting purposes? I just want to understand the thought process as I have always laughed at the artificial recruiting process for some kids just because they play for a certain AAU team.

Just so I understand your thinking on this if a player is matched up directly with the other player, i.e. they're guarding each other, and the lesser ranked player (not getting slobbered on by UofL, uk, etc.) shuts the other one down. The so-called great player can't score or get by her on offense, and the other player blows by the so-called great player on every possession, albeit, she may end up with 5-7 assists instead of scoring each time. Then the one being slobbered on by UofL, uk, etc. shouldn't be getting slobbered on right and the other player should be getting slobbered on for recruiting purposes? I just want to understand the thought process as I have always laughed at the artificial recruiting process for some kids just because they play for a certain AAU team.

This is not a thought process. Its the way recruiting is done 365 days a year. For instance, last year Mercy played Etown. Mercy put a kid on Erin Boley and held her to 10 points. Erin Boley is at Notre Dame. The other kid is not. Was the other kid a good player. Yes. Was she major BCS. No. Really quite simple. Nothing to do with AAU teams.Dont matter what AAU team you play for. If you can play they will find you. Something to do with being the best player. Parents get really confused sometimes.

That's a lot of slobber.