Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause 10th Region Player Rankings

Featured Replies

I've seen all these girls play. So it is just my opinion. Schwarber is right behind Clos IMO (#5) when I look at this list. Igo is too high for the same reason I mentioned earlier with Kalb.

 

With the exception of perhaps a couple on the list your point applies to all the rest on the list. Of course like you this is just my opinion.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every team will score 30-60 points a game. And every team will usually have a player with 5-7 rebounds per game and a player or two average 10+ points a game. Just because your that player on your team doesn't make you better than other players on different teams with better players. That's why a team like Mason will have 3-5 players on a list like this.

 

Being the best player on your team (averaging 8 rbs and 10 ppg) doesn't mean you should be on this list. Autumn Martin for Nicholas County averaged 14 ppg and 7 rpg so she "should make the list", Madison Kellione (sophomore guard Harrison County) averaged 12 ppg and 4 rpg so she "should make the list" too? Every team has those players, especially if there's a taller inside player (more rare) they just show up and they're going to lead the team in rebounds.

 

Ok...we get it. You don't believe Kalb should be on the list even though she averages basically a double double. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Ok...we get it. You don't believe Kalb should be on the list even though she averages basically a double double. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

 

This is compiled from the 10th region coaches I believe. So it seems they agree with me also.

I've seen all these girls play. So it is just my opinion. Schwarber is right behind Clos IMO (#5) when I look at this list. Igo is too high for the same reason I mentioned earlier with Kalb.

 

Schwarber "shows up" and does the same things as the girls from Nicholas, Bracken and Harrison you mentioned.

Schwarber "shows up" and does the same things as the girls from Nicholas, Bracken and Harrison you mentioned.

 

I completely disagree. Last year Schwarber was All Conference Defensive player of the year. She had a double double in the first round of the state tournament. She is ranked in the top 100 players in KY by Bolus. She plays on one of the top AAU travel teams in Kentucky. She has visited D1 schools (invited by coaches) and has serious interest from them.

 

I don't imagine many people (if any) who have seen Schwarber and any of the other girls from Nicholas, Bracken or Harrison play would think differently.

I completely disagree. Last year Schwarber was All Conference Defensive player of the year. She had a double double in the first round of the state tournament. She is ranked in the top 100 players in KY by Bolus. She plays on one of the top AAU travel teams in Kentucky. She has visited D1 schools (invited by coaches) and has serious interest from them.

 

I don't imagine many people (if any) who have seen Schwarber and any of the other girls from Nicholas, Bracken or Harrison play would think differently.

 

Thanks for the detailed summary.

Sounds like you and the coaches must be wrong. She should be at the top of the list.

Why should Schwarber be higher?

 

I think Schwarber may be the best all around player of the bunch. She does a lot things that go unnoticed. She's unselfish and doesn't have to be the prime time player. I think this year, she will be forced to assert herself more in the scoring column and you'll see why I think she's the best in the 10th. People like to look at scorers when they look at "best player". I look at really good players that do anything to win. Play any role. And do what is asked of them. A lot of kids can score. A lot of big kids can rebound. Some kids are tremendous on ball defenders. Some have it all and pull it out when needed. That's why I think Schwarber is the best. And yes, I've seen almost all these kids play multiple times, with the exception of Igo and maybe 1-2 others.

I think Schwarber may be the best all around player of the bunch. She does a lot things that go unnoticed. She's unselfish and doesn't have to be the prime time player. I think this year, she will be forced to assert herself more in the scoring column and you'll see why I think she's the best in the 10th. People like to look at scorers when they look at "best player". I look at really good players that do anything to win. Play any role. And do what is asked of them. A lot of kids can score. A lot of big kids can rebound. Some kids are tremendous on ball defenders. Some have it all and pull it out when needed. That's why I think Schwarber is the best. And yes, I've seen almost all these kids play multiple times, with the exception of Igo and maybe 1-2 others.

 

You may be absolutely correct. Since hydraman said the rankings were the coaches opinions, I'm surprised they got it so wrong.

You may be absolutely correct. Since hydraman said the rankings were the coaches opinions, I'm surprised they got it so wrong.

 

I stick to my opinions and don't really care what others think. But honestly, Schwarber has played a role in high school up to this point. So high school coaches may have not seen her at her best. She was a lightening fast PG growing up and went to the post for CC because they've had a bunch of midgets the last couple years! LOL. I'm kidding girls! Schwarber can guard anyone on the floor and shut them down. Big or little. And she can rebound with anyone. This year, I think you're going to see her scoring ability and that she can actually shoot from the outside. they have just never needed her to do those things. And of course, the team player she is, she played the role they needed her to to win. So IMO, she sacrificed her own success for the better of the team. And again, why I like her so much.

You may be absolutely correct. Since hydraman said the rankings were the coaches opinions, I'm surprised they got it so wrong.

 

Are you saying I thought they "got it so wrong"? Who said that? I clearly stated I thought Schwarber should be #5 instead of #8, and that Igo should move down to around #9 or #10. Maybe put McNutt on the list. If anything the coaches did an excellent job. That's barely a difference. As RCC9 said, a player like Schwarber doesn't get recognized sometimes but even the coaches knew she should be on the list.

Coaches have nothing to do with these rankings. It's the opinion of the writer!

Are you saying I thought they "got it so wrong"? Who said that? I clearly stated I thought Schwarber should be #5 instead of #8, and that Igo should move down to around #9 or #10. Maybe put McNutt on the list. If anything the coaches did an excellent job. That's barely a difference. As RCC9 said, a player like Schwarber doesn't get recognized sometimes but even the coaches knew she should be on the list.

 

No. I was saying they must have got it wrong. Clearly she should be at the top of the list with that resume.

Coaches have nothing to do with these rankings. It's the opinion of the writer!

 

I assumed as much, but I was just humoring them.

No. I was saying they must have got it wrong. Clearly she should be at the top of the list with that resume.

 

I'm a Bluebird and not even in your region. I just love to watch the kid play because of how hard she works on both ends of the floor and her bball IQ...mixed with her skill level as well. Just the kid I would take 100 of.

Not being on this top 10 list doesn't mean you're a bad player.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.