October 10, 20169 yr This offensive line and defensive line got whipped. When that happens you get embarrassed. Simple as that. Dunlap and AJ should be opponent's focus and that will take care of it. I think the loss of Coordinators over the last few years have caught up with us. Eifert, Marvin Jones being here would make no difference in days like today. The o-line has regressed at an alarming rate. Daltos quick release seemed to hide a lot for the lines problems apparently the last few years. Right now if Green doesn't get open right away he has no where to go to. So I do think the lost of Jones, and Eifert hurt. Those guys could also get open quick and allowed him to get rid of it quick because he trusted them to get open. So I do think their lost hurts because it doesnt give him other options to throw to quick. Right now it's like 2014 when Dalton didn't have Eifert or Jones and his numbers weren't great. They need the running game to work. Which to do that they can't get down so early like the defense allowed to happen today. Pathetic in all phases. They seem to be lacking an edge to them to. Maybe this butt whopping will light a fire under them.
October 10, 20169 yr As bad as the O-Line was (and they were horrific), the Mega-Million dollar D-Line was equally ineffective. I know Marvin--"We'll just keep chopping wood"! Play like this next week, and Brady will hang 500 yards on them. Playoffs seem a long way off right about now. Agree Mikey missed the boat again, by letting Zimmer go to keep Mr. Mediocre. The lack of response on here to this embarrassment says it all when it comes to Bengals' fans. :facepalm::facepalm:
October 10, 20169 yr The fact that they let Zimmer and even Hue to an extent walk out the door when they had great relationships built up with the core still in tact on the team is a travesty. Zimmer has proven to be a top 5 coach in the league and Hue did a great job at running the offense last year. The offense flat out stinks. The O line is obviously horrible the Bengals have had the worst center in the league for years and the continue to do nothing about it, Whit as much as I love the guy he just isn't as dominant as he once was, the guards get bullied all the time and Ogbuehi is just young. The running backs look like shells of themselves, Dallas took away AJ all game so props to them, but they left LaFell open for a lot of the game and Zampese finally started calling plays to go his way on the last 2 drives and he got two TD's. Just the little things. I think they drop this next game to the Pats and make it to 4-4 after that. From there on I have no idea what the rest of the season holds.
October 10, 20169 yr They were showing on NBC Sunday Night Football how they were lined up and attacked worried about Zak's running. When they keyed on Elliott in the red zone, Zak took it outside. Just flat out was better prepared than the Bengals. Game planning has been awful the last few weeks. Who's Zak?
October 10, 20169 yr The fact that they let Zimmer and even Hue to an extent walk out the door when they had great relationships built up with the core still in tact on the team is a travesty. Zimmer has proven to be a top 5 coach in the league and Hue did a great job at running the offense last year. The offense flat out stinks. The O line is obviously horrible the Bengals have had the worst center in the league for years and the continue to do nothing about it, Whit as much as I love the guy he just isn't as dominant as he once was, the guards get bullied all the time and Ogbuehi is just young. The running backs look like shells of themselves, Dallas took away AJ all game so props to them, but they left LaFell open for a lot of the game and Zampese finally started calling plays to go his way on the last 2 drives and he got two TD's. Just the little things. I think they drop this next game to the Pats and make it to 4-4 after that. From there on I have no idea what the rest of the season holds. Pretty much agree with everything you said. Only thing people need to realize is with Hue in 2014 the offense was worst than they were thr year before under Gruden in 2013 when they were a top 10 offense under Gruden in 2013. Which one of the reasons why they were not good offensively in 2014 was because Jones and Eifert were out all year. It wasn't until about week 8 of 2014 before the running game at least got going. So the new OC is dealing with the same things that Hue dealt with his first year and only having one true receiving threat. The offense that year looked horrible and it wasn't until week 8 when the running game at least got going. All year the Bengals have looked kind of flat with no edge to them or really any fight to them on any side of the ball. Sometimes it takes a butt whooping like this to get that mindset back and that fire back. So I truly think they will come out with an edge and fire they haven't played with all year when they play the Pat's. The only problem is that it is the Pat's. You can play a good game and still lose against them.
October 10, 20169 yr Who's Zak? Sorry meant Dak. You probably knew that though. Also, I was so ticked I could have called him anything. Edited October 10, 20169 yr by Bengal Maniac
October 10, 20169 yr I said it earlier on here, got made fun of, but Cowboys are better at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and that is hard for any team to overcome. They did exactly what I said and doubled Green, and made someone else beat them. I was aggravating all of the Dalton haters earlier, he is accurate, but lacks mobility and with the line they have this year that is not good.
October 10, 20169 yr I said it earlier on here, got made fun of, but Cowboys are better at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and that is hard for any team to overcome. They did exactly what I said and doubled Green, and made someone else beat them. I was aggravating all of the Dalton haters earlier, he is accurate, but lacks mobility and with the line they have this year that is not good. It's the same line. Only difference is his quick release covered the line issues in the past. This year if people take Green away right away he doesn't have other people to get the ball to right away. Meaning he is holding on to it longer, which is showing the line problems more this year.
October 10, 20169 yr It's the same line. Only difference is his quick release covered the line issues in the past. This year if people take Green away right away he doesn't have other people to get the ball to right away. Meaning he is holding on to it longer, which is showing the line problems more this year. I agree, but AD is mobile. In fact Hue wanted him to run strategically more than he did. AD is far from being close to this team's problems. You are on point the lines, especially - o-line is.
October 10, 20169 yr I agree, but AD is mobile. In fact Hue wanted him to run strategically more than he did. AD is far from being close to this team's problems. You are on point the lines, especially - o-line is. Yes I definitely can't blame Dalton. He has thrown it well with time. Just others are not getting open. A lot of those replays showed how no one could get open. His quick release hid the line problems in the past. However in the past he had Eifert, Jones and even Sanu to throw to early even if they took Green away. When and IF Eifert comes back, I think they will use a lot of 2 TE sets. I really like the Uzomah and think they are High on him too. With 2 Te sets they can do damage. If teams go Nickel then they should be able to run it. If teams go with their base defense. It should create match up problems because it would be very difficult to dounless Green, and if they do then it leaves single coverage and the seam wide open for Eifert. Plus 2 TE sets would help the line some. So getting Eifert back could be huge if he comes back.
October 10, 20169 yr Dalton currently has more passing yards than Ben. It's not Andy. And to say he's not mobile means you're not watching.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.