Colton Schneider (Campbell Cty) 25/4

Adam Snow (Cooper) 21/5

Mike DeWald (Pendleton) 18/5

Jeremy Moran (W-V) 18/4

DJ Sanders (St Henry) 16/2

Griffin Lamb (CovCath) 15/10

Luke Lockard (Calvary) 15/7

*15 goals or more

I'm surprised that Farris(HHS), Nolasco(Holmes), Seger(SK) and Muck(NCC) are not on the list.

Schutzman (Villa)14/5

Seger (SK) 14/3

Farris (HHS) 13/2

Harper (PC) 13/7

Nolasco Holmes) 13/7

Lemus (Holmes) 12/1

Gerst (Villa) 11/4

Muck (NCC) 10/10

Schultz (NCC) 10/8

* ten or more goal... probably missed a few.

This is with strength of schedule to give a better idea: I got the #'s of the Maher rankings so the SOS includes Ohio/KY.

190 Colton Schneider (Campbell Cty) 25/4

123 Adam Snow (Cooper) 21/5

251 Mike DeWald (Pendleton) 18/5

729 Jeremy Moran (W-V) 18/4

516 DJ Sanders (St Henry) 16/2

60 Griffin Lamb (CovCath) 15/10

756 Luke Lockard (Calvary) 15/7

This is with strength of schedule to give a better idea: I got the #'s of the Maher rankings so the SOS includes Ohio/KY.

190 Colton Schneider (Campbell Cty) 25/4

123 Adam Snow (Cooper) 21/5

251 Mike DeWald (Pendleton) 18/5

729 Jeremy Moran (W-V) 18/4

516 DJ Sanders (St Henry) 16/2

60 Griffin Lamb (CovCath) 15/10

756 Luke Lockard (Calvary) 15/7

SoS is generally instructive, but (I've checked) and even the players on teams with better SoS still score more (a majority) of their goals against the weaker opponents.

SoS is generally instructive, but (I've checked) and even the players on teams with better SoS still score more (a majority) of their goals against the weaker opponents.

I think this (bold) makes the SoS factor even more important. I would expect ALL players to score more against their weaker opponents, pretty much common sense.

So it only makes sense to say players on team with a high SoS (weak schedule) have an easier time scoring then players on a team with a low SoS (strong schedule).

I also think it is interesting to see how many goals each player scored in their teams blow outs, such as 6 to 7 or more goal margin wins. Many times we find some players having scored a majority of their goals in 2, 3 or 4 games where they got 4, 5 or more goals in these very one sided contest.

Can someone explain why St Henry is playing a schedule with a SoS of 516?

I have followed HS soccer for sometime, back in the day this program always played a much, much tougher schedule.

Lamb's 16/11 (1 goal, 1 assist in last night's game) playing for CCH with a SoS of 60 is really impressive. Next is ASnow, 21/5 playing with the 2nd best Sos of 123. Nice job by both for getting the job done (productive) against good teams!

The stat I'd love to see kept separately would be "meaningful goals"... goals scored in a game up to and including the n+1 goal (where n = goals scored by opponent) required to end up with more than the opponent. Scanning CovCath results, for example, it looks like Wulfeck has scored a high percentage of meaningful goals. In college they used to report game winners... another stat with some punch.

Can the "meaningful goals" be found on the team's stat page? I thought most teams' stats per game are kept on the KHSAA site. It would take a lot of time to put together each players' "meaningful goals", but I think it could be done at least with respect to games won by a very low score, say 1-0 or 2-1.

I would love to see a "should of scored" stat.

A player with a high goal total and low "should of" stat means they are making the most of their opportunities. A high " should of " stat means that perhaps they are looking for stats instead of team goals........just sayin'

I think Opta Stats has a stat that does just that... it's called "xG" or expected goals. They calculate it for EPL, UCL high end league matches. We just need their analysts to crunch the numbers and KHSAA to add the stat to their website. Badda ding, Badda dong. Done.