If Belfry loses and Corbin wins...

gchs_uk9

So hypothetically, if Belfry lost 49-7 and Corbin won 49-7, that wouldn't mean anything?

(Admittedly, that is a monstrous hypothetical!) :lol2:

That's the trouble with trying to figure out the strength of out of state teams. Difficult for us to put into perspective.

That's what I was going to say.

But, if Belfry lost this week and Corbin won, I'm still picking Belfry every time in 3A. The only way I stop is if Belfry changed classes.

I would probably pick Belfry in every class in Kentucky except 6A and even then, they would be my dark horse :lol2:

No flame intended but I am not sure Corbin has ever even played a team the caliber of Knoxville Catholic in their storied history during the regular season.

I want to say they played Moeller once though. I know Mo came to their bowl at least once, just not sure they played each other

The only way I would move these two after this week is if Belfry loses by 5 TDs and Corbin wins by 4 or 5 TDs

@ATLCat Big Mo beat Tony Driver's Male team in the 1996 Pigskin Classic Bowl game at Corbin. I was there and it was awesome. It was a real close game, the final score was something like 19-14. Driver won player of the game for Male even though he wore somebody else's jersey in the first half and only got credit for what he did in the 2nd half.

...does it matter? Belfry is playing a really strong Tennessee team, while Corbin is playing a four-time state championship, albeit from a smaller class. What type of result, if any, would it take for Corbin to be considered higher than Belfry?

Depends on the details, but if Belfry loses big and Corbin wins vs Mayfield, then I would think a switch would be in order.

I would think Corbin might be the favorite against MF, with Mr. KY Football Candidate Trajon Bright out so a Corbin win maybe more likely than not.

So if Belfry gets beat badly and Corbin wins I think the Corbin win would need to be in running clock fashion