Louisville Jumps to #3 in New AP Poll

16thBBall Fan

And I didn't mean that as a poke at Louisville. The Cardinals won me over Saturday. Most impressive. I hope they make the final four.

I didn't take it that way. Bama is Bama. We took the next step to competing for conference championships yesterday. Louisville is still not there, but one step closer. Still several steps from Bama, IMO.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#3 in the country makes my stomach hurt. :lol2:

The challenge now will be keeping the focus and intensity they had yesterday for EVERY opponent. They do that and stay healthy, I like our chances.

Only 2 chances to be challenged the rest of the way, I think they'll be more than ready for those 2 games.

Cards, rightfully so, have leapt to the top 3...right where they should be.

Nice bump.

If I were still playing the games weekly, though, I would take the points and Marshall at home on Saturday. That spread is likely to be 30 points, and the Cards are bound to bounce a bit after such a big emotional win. Not saying they'll lose or anything; they just won't cover what figures to be a massive point spread.

Nice bump.

If I were still playing the games weekly, though, I would take the points and Marshall at home on Saturday. That spread is likely to be 30 points, and the Cards are bound to bounce a bit after such a big emotional win. Not saying they'll lose or anything; they just won't cover what figures to be a massive point spread.

Opened at Louisville -19 and quickly went to -24.

Nice bump.

I was worried about Marshall... then Marshall let the Akron Zips score 65 this weekend... in Huntington.

I was worried about Marshall... then Marshall let the Akron Zips score 65 this weekend... in Huntington.

Honestly, that's why I figured the opening line would somewhere in the -28 to -35 range after seeing that Akron score. I could take the Cards at -19 and would consider it at -24.

I guess.

Well, they were in the final 4 last year, and that has big bearing on next year's polls, as well as the fact that they were supposed to be even more loaded this year. But you're right — they have no more business being in the Top 25 than Kentucky.

If Akron could score 65 points on Marshall...

If the focus is there, this will be another Charlotte.

That was my only reasoning behind the bounce theory — lack of focus after one of the biggest wins in program history.