Female Helps Bullitt East Win

Clyde

The girl did a wonderful job and has a great leg. Her kick offs was what impressed me. Kicked them high and down to about the 20. Shelby never had good return on them.

My question is, how was she eligible to play so quickly?

Thought you had to have so many practices in before you can play? Is this something different for kickers or did BE get a waiver?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that unusual to see a female kicker these days. Mason County actually had 2 (Baity twins) a while back. One did the FG kicking and the other handled the kickoffs. There's even a TV commercial now. Good for them.

The Batey twins. Great girls and football/soccer players. They went on scholarship to Asbury to play soccer. They were very good. I couldn't tell them apart. I called one of them Kickoff and the other Extra Point. :)

the one from Bullit East. Was talking about protocall where they had to practice so many days in shoulder pads and then so many days in helmets before they can play? Its just gone now? Or am I over looking it? maybe to many hits to the head playing football all those years, lol

I'm all for girls being kickers if they want to do so but I am curious...what would happen if a 275-lb. monster tackled one of these girls on a broken play or something?

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, there's a bad snap, the girl picks it up and absolutely gets destroyed on a tackle. She ends up with severe injuries. What happens? Will there be an uproar? Just part of the game? What?

I'm all for girls being kickers if they want to do so but I am curious...what would happen if a 275-lb. monster tackled one of these girls on a broken play or something?

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, there's a bad snap, the girl picks it up and absolutely gets destroyed on a tackle. She ends up with severe injuries. What happens? Will there be an uproar? Just part of the game? What?

I would hope not. You want to play, you have to accept whatever may happen.

What about when that 275 lb monster destroys the 135lb guy football player? There are plenty of small guys playing football too.

the one from Bullit East. Was talking about protocall where they had to practice so many days in shoulder pads and then so many days in helmets before they can play? Its just gone now? Or am I over looking it? maybe to many hits to the head playing football all those years, lol

Post #16 is the only one I have seen asking that question.

There have certainly been female kickers for many years now, but there are more and more each year across the state of kentucky. I am interested if there has been any research completed on the amount of female participates in high school football for each state. While football is a male centric sport there are plenty opportunities for females to participate as well. Wonder what the next position we will see female numbers grow, my guess is long snapper - can't be touched or lined up over on snaps.

On a side note, I was a 150lb kicker/punter and when a 275lb "monster" hit me it didn't feel good either, but you get up and get ready for your # to be called again. Not sure what the argument about weight is, you know what you sign up for when you put on the helmet and pads. Injuries happen in all sports, part of it.