Female Helps Bullitt East Win

Clyde

There have certainly been female kickers for many years now, but there are more and more each year across the state of kentucky. I am interested if there has been any research completed on the amount of female participates in high school football for each state. While football is a male centric sport there are plenty opportunities for females to participate as well. Wonder what the next position we will see female numbers grow, my guess is long snapper - can't be touched or lined up over on snaps.

On a side note, I was a 150lb kicker/punter and when a 275lb "monster" hit me it didn't feel good either, but you get up and get ready for your # to be called again. Not sure what the argument about weight is, you know what you sign up for when you put on the helmet and pads. Injuries happen in all sports, part of it.

It wasn't an argument. It was more about the laws of physics. Luckily, that hasn't happened yet and hopefully never will.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bullitt East High School football team may have to forfeit last week’s victory over Shelby County after school officials determined female kicker Christian Foster should not have been eligible to play.

The Chargers beat the Rockets 56-31 on Friday, with Foster converting 8 of 8 extra-point kicks and recovering a fumble on an onside kick. It was the first football game for Foster, a senior who also is a star on the Bullitt East girls soccer team.

Bullitt East athletic director Troy Barr said football coach Mark Sander determined Saturday that Foster had not completed the six practices that are required of all football players before they’re eligible to participate in a game. Barr said Foster had participated in five practices before Friday.

Barr said the school self-reported the violation to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association. KHSAA communications director Joe Angolia said Wednesday the matter is “under investigation.”

The use of an ineligible player typically results in a forfeit by the offending team.

Foster will be eligible to play in the Chargers’ game at Nelson County on Friday.

The Bullitt East High School football team may have to forfeit last week’s victory over Shelby County after school officials determined female kicker Christian Foster should not have been eligible to play.

The Chargers beat the Rockets 56-31 on Friday, with Foster converting 8 of 8 extra-point kicks and recovering a fumble on an onside kick. It was the first football game for Foster, a senior who also is a star on the Bullitt East girls soccer team.

Bullitt East athletic director Troy Barr said football coach Mark Sander determined Saturday that Foster had not completed the six practices that are required of all football players before they’re eligible to participate in a game. Barr said Foster had participated in five practices before Friday.

Barr said the school self-reported the violation to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association. KHSAA communications director Joe Angolia said Wednesday the matter is “under investigation.”

The use of an ineligible player typically results in a forfeit by the offending team.

Foster will be eligible to play in the Chargers’ game at Nelson County on Friday.

Think you could reference the link instead of just copying my story word for word?

I thought, based on information from Bulllitt East, she just tried out the wed before the game.

Regardless of outcome, she literally kicked the rockets behind. She would get my vote for metro player of the week. Don't think anyone mentioned that she drew a running into the kicker penality.

I thought, based on information from Bulllitt East, she just tried out the wed before the game.

Regardless of outcome, she literally kicked the rockets behind. She would get my vote for metro player of the week. Don't think anyone mentioned that she drew a running into the kicker penality.

She was nominated, and must have got a lot of votes. The RB from BE, Perdue, got it. He seemed to have a pretty good game.

Looks like the KHSAA changes the requirements every other season. So I can see where the issues arise.

14-15 it was 3 Helmet, 3 Shoulder Pad, 5 Full Pad.

This year it looks like its 5 Helmet, 3 Shoulder Pad, 3 Full Pad.

https://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20162017/bylaw23.pdf

Looks like you get to skip out on the first 5 helmet days if you are already in another fall sport.

Either way though, there's always been the requirement, the problem is that when you search for KHSAA limitations of seasons, all of the old ones show up. They all look the same, you just have to make sure that you're reading 16/17 and not 14/15 or something else.

Edited by WhySoNegative

Such a shame really. I understand rules are rules but in now way did she cause the rockets to lose. This shouldnt be a forfeit but i have no clue how you would punish BE for the rules violation. There are a lot of other rules violations that go unreported or are swept under the rug in High School sports...Kudos to BE for reporting it on themselves.

It all seems a little petty, but that is what bureaucrats do. Unfortunately, it has been reported, and will have to be dealt with. Not surprising that the BE coaching staff would report themselves. I know a few or those guys, and if they felt they were wrong they are going to own up to it and except responsibility.