Anyone released their 2017-18 schedules?

Dixie Heights

Aug. 11 (A) Harrison, OH [scrimmage]

Aug. 18 (A) Campbell County

Aug. 25 (H) Scott

Sept. 1 (A) Milford, OH

Sept. 8 (A) Simon Kenton

Sept. 15 (H) Conner

Sept. 22 (H) Boone County

Sept. 29 (A) Cooper

Oct. 6 (A) Highlands

Oct. 13 Bye Week

Oct. 20 (H) Covington Catholic

Oct. 27 (H) Ryle

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doss

8/18 JTown

8/25 S Oldham

9/1 Male

9/8. BYE

9/15 Butler

9/22 Southern *

9/29 Fairdale *

10/5 Fern Creek *

10/13 Iroquois *

10/20 Atherton *

10/27 N. Hardin

Replaces PRP with Male and Ballard with N.Hardin

Male is choosing to play Doss? I mean, I know they have the hardest district, but other than Trinity their scheduling always seems so weak. Which is odd since they field such a great team.

Male is choosing to play Doss? I mean, I know they have the hardest district, but other than Trinity their scheduling always seems so weak. Which is odd since they field such a great team.

Doss will not be the worst team on their schedule. Male may win, but it is good for a Doss team that is trying to be competitive in 5A.

I don't fault Doss for scheduling up, but in my opinion it's a poor choice on Male's part.

Doss is an improving 5A program that is looking to take the next step forward. I don't think it's a bad game for Male to play. In the "Louisville coaches quitting" threads we've seen lack of money for sports mentioned numerous times. I'd imagine playing a game against someone 15 minutes away is probably good for the budget.

Doss is an improving 5A program that is looking to take the next step forward. I don't think it's a bad game for Male to play. In the "Louisville coaches quitting" threads we've seen lack of money for sports mentioned numerous times. I'd imagine playing a game against someone 15 minutes away is probably good for the budget.

Truth be told I think more credit deserves to go to Doss for getting Male to agree more than anything.

Male is just looking to finalize a schedule with quality games and minimize expenses... one "heavy favorite" game does not a schedule make. Can't fault Male at all. Now if all their Non-District games were the Doss, Moore, Western, and Valley's of the world then we would have a problem.

As for Doss, lots of kudos for stepping to the plate and landing a Heavyweight like Male to help push their program forward.

Thanks to Coach Hawkins (@coachhawk) for not quitting and continuing to be a key mentor to the young men at Doss High School. I'll be pulling for you against Male Coach!

And before the higher than thou's come out.... this is not a knock on others that have chosen to do something else. I am focused on those that have chosen to continue to invest in the young men in our community that may have an overall lack of mentors available and who do so mostly because they care for their school and those young men and not for cash.

Thanks to Coach Hawkins (@coachhawk) for not quitting and continuing to be a key mentor to the young men at Doss High School. I'll be pulling for you against Male Coach!

And before the higher than thou's come out.... this is not a knock on others that have chosen to do something else. I am focused on those that have chosen to continue to invest in the young men in our community that may have an overall lack of mentors available and who do so mostly because they care for their school and those young men and not for cash.

I can honestly admit I was tempted to search out greener pasture. But ultimatley, I decided that Doss was the place for me to stay. We have made huge advancements and closed the gap here to make us competitive on the 5A level. 2016 allowed us to see the progress knowing we have so many kids in the program now. The two 5A games we lost were both teams in the Semi finals (S Oldham and Fern Creek). 2017 will be the first season in which a complete roster of program kids exist. We have 20 or more kids in each class returning. JCPS, even with some of its issues is still a good place to coach if you make the most of it. My administration has been good to me here. We have new uniforms, the equipment we need and our practice is awesome. Our game field is being completely regraded and sprigged as well. Not a bad spot at all.

Cabell was trying to make that game happen but had to juggle their schedule. If they finalized it I haven't heard, but it is possible.

The Canadian team is a possibility, but the Pirates would much rather find a 2 year home and home with a KY team.

Hearing lots of chatter that Belfry has not only completed their 10 game schedule, but replaced the Canadian Team with an eye-popping headliner for Week 3

Christian Academy - Louisville

8/18/2017 South Oldham High School Home 7:30PM

8/25/2017 Eastern High School Home 7:30PM

9/1/2017 Central Hardin High School Away 7:30PM

9/8/2017 Elizabethtown High School Home 7:30PM

9/15/2017 Newport Central Catholic High School Home 7:30PM

9/29/2017 Meade County High School Away 7:30PM

10/6/2017 DeSales High School Home 7:30PM (HOMECOMING)

10/13/2017 The Academy at Shawnee Away 7:30PM

10/20/2017 Washington County High School Home 7:30PM

10/27/2017 Bullitt East High School Away 7:30PM