Anyone released their 2017-18 schedules?

I had heard that Belfry was in talks with Oakland TN. What happened there?
Belfry was in contact with a lot of people, but scheduling is tough.

My guess is Newport Catholic agreed to play and Belfry would rather make that drive. A 7 hour bus trip (or longer?) is a LONG haul for a regular season game, especially when they are traveling to Lexington the week before to play Bryan Station.

Also, you are getting a monster in Oakland. I can't speak for the coaching staff, but that one would probably be a really long ride home for the Pirates early in a season where they have so much to replace.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfry was in contact with a lot of people, but scheduling is tough.

My guess is Newport Catholic agreed to play and Belfry would rather make that drive. A 7 hour bus trip (or longer?) is a LONG haul for a regular season game, especially when they are traveling to Lexington the week before to play Bryan Station.

Also, you are getting a monster in Oakland. I can't speak for the coaching staff, but that one would probably be a really long ride home for the Pirates early in a season where they have so much to replace.

I would have put both Belfry and Oakland against each other last couple of seasons. That would have been a good game to have gone seen!

Bob,

This looks like a good schedule to me. I am really intrigued with the Doss game this season. How is the QB position coming along. Probably a tad early for that, but should be a good season for South. My early predictions has South making the semi-final round again with a date with the CovCath/Highlands district winner. From there we'll see.

I do like the schedule. On offense South returns Goodlett and Bashem at O-Line, McMullen at Tight End, Zaubi at QB, Martin at FB, George and Bowlden at slot back and Silcox at WR for an offense that averaged 42 points per game. The Defense was very young last season but returns 7 starters. A lot of the graduating seniors were lineman on both sides of the ball so I will be watching to see who steps up to fill those slots in the spring.

I think if I read the playoff pairings correctly this year District 3 (South Oldham's district) could meet either CovCath or Highlands (or someone else) from District 5 in the second and/or third rounds. Winner of that region gets to visit Bowling Green region winner in the semi's.

I would have put both Belfry and Oakland against each other last couple of seasons. That would have been a good game to have gone seen!

Would have been fun to watch if nothing else. Oakland was a powerhouse though last year and a little better than KnoxCath (Belfry's lone loss) if that tells us anything.

Had this game happened for 2017 I would not feel confident Belfry could stay within 28 points that early in the season with the holes on the lines and breaking in a new QB.

I gather that Belfry has completed their schedule for 2017-2018. Newport Catholic renewed their contract for 2 more years and Cabell Midland worked out a conference scheduling conflict and signed up for week 7.

Now the Pirates only need a week 0 scrimmage opponent

8/11 - Richlands, VA Grid Scrimmage

8/18 - Week 0 Scrimmage Opponent Needed

8/25 - Huntington High, WV (Pike Co Bowl)

9/1 - @ Bryan Station

9/8 - @ Newport Catholic

9/15 - Pikeville

9/22 - @ Floyd Central

9/29 - Sheldon Clark

10/6 - @ Cabell Midland, WV

10/13 - Lawrence Co

10/20 - @ Pike Central

10/27 - Johnson Central

The opponents are right, but the dates are tentative. I may have the weeks switched on Floyd Central and Sheldon Clark, but other than that, I think this is in order.

I am going to say 7-3

I think best case is 8-2 (dont see them beating Johnson Central and think they lose at least one to the WV big school teams)

6-4 is possible.. worst case is 5-5 but don't see it happening.

Lafayette

@ Bryan Station August 18tg

Scott County August 25th

@ LexCath September 1st

Fredrick Douglas September 8th

@ Moeller September 18th

@ Hemry Clay September 22nd

Paul Laurence Dunbar September 29th

George Rogers Clark October 6th

@ Madison Central October 13th

@ Tates Creek October 20th